patterns

manuela

Oct 5, 2011
Eindhoven - Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bram and Saartje
Hello everyone.
Just joined in and I have allready a question.

Can somebody help me?
I want to knit sweaters or jumpers for my two bulldogs, but over here in Holland I can not find a pattern. I tried in every possible way.

If you can help me, thank you very much on behalf of Saartje and Bram.

And also Manuela

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome Manuela, Saartje and Bram. I don't know how to knit but someone should be along shortly who does. In any case glad you've found our forum. Feel free to ask any questions and if u wish you can post pictures of your bulldogs with their hand made outfits if they have some already.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome Manuela! A friend of mine (former boss, actually) just moved BACK to Holland a couple of months ago.
Don't forget to post pictures of your babies - before and after sweaters are knitted. :-)

Grandma purchased Bea a sweater once - but it didn't fit her little wine barrel body very well. And her wool jacket? A slight improvement (pictured). I don't knit but I would guess that true fit is very definitely individual to each dog's shape. Bea and Bo couldn't be shaped more differently.
PA220021.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't know of any patterns for knitting dog sweaters either. I made up the patterns for the outfits I sew from measurements of the dog and measurements from another fleece HRH already had. But for knitting you would have to know your gauge of stitches per inch (cm?) to even begin to make up a pattern.

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
Hello everyone.
Just joined in and I have allready a question.

Can somebody help me?
I want to knit sweaters or jumpers for my two bulldogs, but over here in Holland I can not find a pattern. I tried in every possible way.

If you can help me, thank you very much on behalf of Saartje and Bram.

And also Manuela
hi welcome to the site you will enjoy all the advice member can give, i have been knitting for years now, but never seen any patterns for dog coats just a thought, can you not change a babys jumpers pattern to fit....:) i have some patterns from my granchildren when thay were little i will have a look at what i have for you hope it helps

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know nothing of patterns or sewing but could you disassemble something that fits them perfect and make your own using it like a pattern?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi and glad you found EBN! I'm particularly fond of your country...it's really very lovely. My cousin lives in Den Hague (sorry if i misspelled that).

I only knit scarves and the occasional cap so i cannot help you there. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your bulldogs!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome:.. Sadly I only know how to knit in straight lines..and don't really know how to finish!! But I'm very good at starting!! Glad you found us and I hope someone can help!

OP
M

manuela

Oct 5, 2011
Eindhoven - Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bram and Saartje
Thanks for your message in return en the wunderfull picture of your wine barrel.

Can you tell me where I can get a pattern of the jacket your dog is wearing on that pic. I can used it as a base-model. To make it fit I can make the changes myself.

Thank you and best regards.Brammetje. 1.jpgspeeltijd. 3.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for your message in return en the wunderfull picture of your wine barrel.Can you tell me where I can get a pattern of the jacket your dog is wearing on that pic. I can used it as a base-model. To make it fit I can make the changes myself.Thank you and best regards.View attachment 12683View attachment 12684
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION].. I think this question is for you![MENTION=3383]manuela[/MENTION]...your dogs are gorgeous!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=3383]manuela[/MENTION]...You have beautiful bulldogs. That green top looks like a perfect fit. :bravo:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
WELCOME MANUELA! Your bulldog looks so awesome in the sweater!

I don't know how to knit but I do dabble in crochet. I was thinking of making this: Cheerleader Dog Crochet Pattern | Red Heart for Halloween but my husband hates it. I also planned to make this for Christmas: Crocheted Christmas Dog Sweater Pattern. I'm thinking it's probably easy to change the colors so it doesn't look too Christmassy and I can make a non-Christmas look with the same pattern.

Here are knitting ones but I wouldn't know if these are any good:
Dog Sweater to Knit for Autumn or Halloween
Knit Dog Sweater Pattern for Basic Two Color Sweater | Suite101.com
Bernat: Pattern Detail - KW - Hoodie Dog Coat (knit) (this one has a hoodie, kinda cute!)
Mia & Maddie Designs: Freebie: "Leaf Dog Sweater"
knitty.com

Hope these help!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.