Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great article and so true.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Very informative! Thanks. I was wanting some more info about breading still deciding on if we should do it or not.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
What an excellent article. Very well thought out for beginners and even breeders that have been there before.
Thanks
Roanne

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Wow!! What an excellent article and just reinforces the fact that although Miss Bertha Bacon will have an open registration, I am not interested in breeding her at all!! It would break my heart to lose a family member at my hand!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Very good article...Thanks for making everyone aware of the extent of breeding our bulllies.

Sargesmom

Mar 7, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Boy, Sarge and Splat (Lou Lou)
Thank you for sharing this information....some people ask if we breed Gunny and we was like no he is our baby we do not breed...he is living a happy fun life...and they would be well you know you can make money....and then we would tell them all the things that go into breeding a bulldog and the c section of the babies..we would say its not worth the risk....they would be like what you dont want money....I would say NO I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY BABY...some people just dont get it....I loved the article Very informative and everyone should read it even before they decide to even start breeding.Once again thanks also :)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Great article!!!! I just met a woman who is saying she is gonna breed her bulldog. I was very concern becasue the bully looks sick.She has an eye infection for sure among other things I noticed. I tried to explaine to her the dangers and the amount of money that goes into breeding.She did not like me at all. I feel terrible for that beautifull bully! I wanted to take her an run away with her. I did gave her my cell # and I pray she does call!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Excellent article! I wish the idiot who overbred my little rescue had taken the time to read something like this. The vet who spayed her said he thought she had already had at least 4 litters--and she's only 4 years old.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Wow what a great article! That is a lot to take in! Scares me to death and why my Lola is fixed and my Lucy will be as well!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Yes, there is many concerns and issues involved with any type of breeding; bulldogs, other dogs, pigs or Arabian horses. This article points out many of the major concerns involved in breeding. This is the syllabus, table of content. Finding experienced breeders and vet can help teach. Trying to find those breeders who are willing to help is the biggest problem. Many of the breeders (don't read ALL here...) are not willing to help educate other breeders and minimize competition.

The quality of the puppies determine the price they sell for. The better the quality, the bigger the investment.

Asking questions is the best advice.

Good Day~

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What a wonderful article. :clap: I know nothing of breeding and even if I could I wouldn't. I hope this helps educates and helps those that come across it looking for breeding information.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.