Article: Our Forum Rules

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Re: Our Forum Rules

That is what the vet said that Punk was fly biting. So, this is normal with bulldogs? If so, then I will stop the pheno. I have tried to post a thread to the nutrition section and it would not post. Also on the bully chat it says to review the rules with a button with a 'R' on it. I have looked and cannot find the button to pick. Thank you for your help as I am new to posting and forums.

You cant just stop pheno cold turkey he needs to weaned off of it or it could cause seiruzres possibly...Talk to the vet about decreaseing him off it...Go into the forum your bulldogs health and you will see a box where you can create a thread.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

[MENTION=5712]Annie1991[/MENTION]

I agree with Roe...don't just stop it cold turkey. Ween him off it slowly. Also, think about getting a second opinion. Try and capture the incidents on video....it's so much easier to show them what is wrong than try to explain. There are idiopathic head tremors and there are face seizures. They both look similar. Head tremors are more common than you think. Usually you can either distract them and get them to stop or give them some yogurt, Karo syrup or something similar...could be a low blood sugar thing.
Phenobarbital is a pretty good drug, but it has some nasty side effects. Liver damage is the one I fear. We have to have his blood tested every few months to make sure everything is good. So, I'd seek a second opinion and do your research on what you've been told here.
Keep us posted.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N

Okay, thank you very much! Will get with the vet and let him know. She looks like a bobble head dog with moving her head up and down going from side to side. I showed the vet a video and he says seizures, but if it is common among bulldogs - does she need the pheno? - Will ask vet about it.

Bulldogsrbest

Oct 12, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Derrick

My bulldog - Punk'N - does the head moving side to side - like she is trying to bite something in the air. My vet says they are seizures and has her on a low dosage of phenobarbital. This has made her hyper and she still does the head bobbing.

Just a thought....I have had bulldogs as pets since 1982. A lot of times I have found that when they are biting at the air the are also moving there hind end, if they are biting while sitting, and usually it has to do with itching such as under the tail and/or anal glands that need to be expressed.

Cris Camacho

Dec 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie and fiona
I have a bulldog name Maggie she will be 13 in June took her for her checkup yesterday and her vet was floored on well she is doing do any of you have a senior dog

TBOGGS

Jul 22, 2013
Country
GENESEE
Bulldog(s) Names
none
Have been thinking about finding myself a pup but still in research mode

TBOGGS

Jul 22, 2013
Country
GENESEE
Bulldog(s) Names
none

Thinking about getting a pup but still in research mode:)

Maxine

Aug 14, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxine

Hi to all of you. My name is Donna and I have a 2 year old english bulldog name Maxine. She is wonderful but she has spina bifeda. As she grew older she began having bowel issues at night only. i am having a hard time finding a diaper to fit her and stay on. she is about 42 pounds. Or shall i say 42 lbs of pleasure. Any suggestions? i have gone to Petco and Petsmart but still no luck. Thanks for any advice you can offer

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi Donna, sorry I don't have any experience in the dog diaper department, but I'm sure others on here who do will come along soon to offer help. I also don't know anybody who uses diapers on their dogs on this site, so don't know who to tag.
If you look at the very bottom of each page, you will find a list of the other EBN on line communities, and there is one for Special Needs Bulldogs, maybe you can click on there and find some information from other members of special needs dogs. Good luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hi to all of you. My name is Donna and I have a 2 year old english bulldog name Maxine. She is wonderful but she has spina bifeda. As she grew older she began having bowel issues at night only. i am having a hard time finding a diaper to fit her and stay on. she is about 42 pounds. Or shall i say 42 lbs of pleasure. Any suggestions? i have gone to Petco and Petsmart but still no luck. Thanks for any advice you can offer

hi maxine -- here is the link to our sister site for Bulldogs with special needs lots of members with SB babies that can help you

Special Needs Bulldogs

Josethegreat

Mar 5, 2015
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
Can someone help me I need advice

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please help me ?!?

Crystal Anna

Jun 21, 2016
Re: Forum Rules

Hi there, just got a Bulldog for first time and he is 2 months old. Started him on Fromm Puppy Gold, recommended on website based on his age he should get 1 1/2 cups per day. Does this seem like too much? Also I am reading that you should only give puppy formula for first 5 months, as rapid bone growth with puppy formula may cause bone and joint problems with this breed?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Re: Forum Rules

Hi there, just got a Bulldog for first time and he is 2 months old. Started him on Fromm Puppy Gold, recommended on website based on his age he should get 1 1/2 cups per day. Does this seem like too much? Also I am reading that you should only give puppy formula for first 5 months, as rapid bone growth with puppy formula may cause bone and joint problems with this breed?

Hi [MENTION=16023]Crystal Anna[/MENTION] and welcome to EBN:) If it's the recommended amount for his age and weight it should be fine... a sign of too much food can be loose stool (and too little food = hard stool). If his poo is "good" he's probably getting the right amount:)

Usually most brands recommend puppy food for the first year but I guess it can differ:unsure:

There's a hole forum for foods and nutrition on here, I'll add the link so you can look around:)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/english-bulldog-dog-food-and-nutrition/

Members online

No members online now.