Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Our Forum Rules

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Our Forum Rules

That is what the vet said that Punk was fly biting. So, this is normal with bulldogs? If so, then I will stop the pheno. I have tried to post a thread to the nutrition section and it would not post. Also on the bully chat it says to review the rules with a button with a 'R' on it. I have looked and cannot find the button to pick. Thank you for your help as I am new to posting and forums.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1991 View Post
    That is what the vet said that Punk was fly biting. So, this is normal with bulldogs? If so, then I will stop the pheno. I have tried to post a thread to the nutrition section and it would not post. Also on the bully chat it says to review the rules with a button with a 'R' on it. I have looked and cannot find the button to pick. Thank you for your help as I am new to posting and forums.
    i am no help on the fly biting but where the chat area is. well to the left is the window that says type your message here then above it there are 4 symbols. the 3rd one from the left is an r click on that.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Okay I will look for it. Thanks

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

You cant just stop pheno cold turkey he needs to weaned off of it or it could cause seiruzres possibly...Talk to the vet about decreaseing him off it...Go into the forum your bulldogs health and you will see a box where you can create a thread.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Annie1991

I agree with Roe...don't just stop it cold turkey. Ween him off it slowly. Also, think about getting a second opinion. Try and capture the incidents on video....it's so much easier to show them what is wrong than try to explain. There are idiopathic head tremors and there are face seizures. They both look similar. Head tremors are more common than you think. Usually you can either distract them and get them to stop or give them some yogurt, Karo syrup or something similar...could be a low blood sugar thing.
    Phenobarbital is a pretty good drug, but it has some nasty side effects. Liver damage is the one I fear. We have to have his blood tested every few months to make sure everything is good. So, I'd seek a second opinion and do your research on what you've been told here.
    Keep us posted.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Okay, thank you very much! Will get with the vet and let him know. She looks like a bobble head dog with moving her head up and down going from side to side. I showed the vet a video and he says seizures, but if it is common among bulldogs - does she need the pheno? - Will ask vet about it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Derrick
    Likes (Received)

My bulldog - Punk'N - does the head moving side to side - like she is trying to bite something in the air. My vet says they are seizures and has her on a low dosage of phenobarbital. This has made her hyper and she still does the head bobbing.
    Just a thought....I have had bulldogs as pets since 1982. A lot of times I have found that when they are biting at the air the are also moving there hind end, if they are biting while sitting, and usually it has to do with itching such as under the tail and/or anal glands that need to be expressed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for excepting me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    maggie and fiona
    Likes (Received)

I have a bulldog name Maggie she will be 13 in June took her for her checkup yesterday and her vet was floored on well she is doing do any of you have a senior dog

Country
    GENESEE
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none
    Likes (Received)

Have been thinking about finding myself a pup but still in research mode

Country
    GENESEE
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none
    Likes (Received)

Thinking about getting a pup but still in research mode

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maxine
    Likes (Received)

Hi to all of you. My name is Donna and I have a 2 year old english bulldog name Maxine. She is wonderful but she has spina bifeda. As she grew older she began having bowel issues at night only. i am having a hard time finding a diaper to fit her and stay on. she is about 42 pounds. Or shall i say 42 lbs of pleasure. Any suggestions? i have gone to Petco and Petsmart but still no luck. Thanks for any advice you can offer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads