Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bella's Battle with EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency)

Dear Bella's Mom, I just joined EBN this morning and posted a question about our Bella and diarhea. Reading this article is making me wonder now if she is suffering from the same conditon that your Bella had? Her vitals are norma during her routine vet visits but the puddles of poop remain a problem here.

Alaskasmom1

I loved this story! I am so glad they found her problem and got her fixed up. She is beautiful!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Being a new EB mom I was so touch when you told me your story. You and Bella helped Tess and I through a rough time. Thanks so much.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1s4dy0

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Love that this story has a happy ending...she's lovely! Hope many more are saved thru research and knowledge spread thru forums like this one and others. Thank you for sharing!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball
    Likes (Received)

I am really glad you posted this about your Bella. My Victorian Bulldog puppy has had the exact same symptoms since I purchased him from a pet store. Diarrhea since day one, not gaining much weight, gas, rumbling in tummy, always acts like he is starving even tho he is eating between 5-7 cups of food a day, and you can see all of his ribs and every vertibrae of his spine. He has been to the vet 4 times at 6 months old, all for this problem. He has been given countless antibiotics, B12 shot, Forta Flora, dewormed, ect and now after reading your story I went today to have the blood test done for EPI and for the 1st time my vet said she thinks this is probably what he has. I wont know for sure until next week but if I had not read your post I would have probably assumed it was food allergies and that it would pass. We have tried prescription GI food, Blue Buffalo Basics, pumpkin, baked potato, chicken breasts, brown rice, yogurt, cottage cheese... and still the vet says he is 15 lbs under weight. I stay home most of the day and feed him over and over again just to try to put weight on him. All in vain. So thank you again. I am so happy for you that you found your baby's solution. Please keep your fingers crossed for ours.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Bella's Battle with EPI (Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I am really glad you posted this about your Bella. My Victorian Bulldog puppy has had the exact same symptoms since I purchased him from a pet store. Diarrhea since day one, not gaining much weight, gas, rumbling in tummy, always acts like he is starving even tho he is eating between 5-7 cups of food a day, and you can see all of his ribs and every vertibrae of his spine. He has been to the vet 4 times at 6 months old, all for this problem. He has been given countless antibiotics, B12 shot, Forta Flora, dewormed, ect and now after reading your story I went today to have the blood test done for EPI and for the 1st time my vet said she thinks this is probably what he has. I wont know for sure until next week but if I had not read your post I would have probably assumed it was food allergies and that it would pass. We have tried prescription GI food, Blue Buffalo Basics, pumpkin, baked potato, chicken breasts, brown rice, yogurt, cottage cheese... and still the vet says he is 15 lbs under weight. I stay home most of the day and feed him over and over again just to try to put weight on him. All in vain. So thank you again. I am so happy for you that you found your baby's solution. Please keep your fingers crossed for ours.

We will all be praying for your baby boy too

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How wonderful that they finally diagnosed Bella and she is now on her way to recovery what a great story you told, and like @Jamie this will make people aware of this illness.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Jamie, hoping and praying that your little Meatball will get the treatment he needs to lead a healthy and full life. So glad you found Bella's story here on EBN.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    As much as I hate to know you are going through this battle, I am glad you found the article and maybe on the verge of getting your smoochie face help. Did your vet get you on the enzymes until the blood work is in? My vet did and I knew the very first night that he was correct. I will tell you that there is a wonderful website with all the info you would ever need, including an awesome co-op to buy enzymes direct from the manufacturer, saving you hundreds. It is a congenital issue and the pet shop needs to be told, the breeder needs to be told and the parents need to stop getting bred.

I just pray you are getting your answers and that you can get on to enjoying your little bundle. If you ever need anything, let me know. Not sure where you live, but I am in Fl and there are EPI dogs all over and parents who are willing to help.

Always with me

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Wow. Bravo to Leslie (Bella'smom) and Jamie for fighting for your baby. This made my day.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I do have to apologize to everyone for the bad typing and wordage. I wrote it so fast, assuming that it would have been checked for errors and tweeted a little.....LOL I really can write better than this.

Always with me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads