Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Thanks for the information! And so sorry for your loss! This will help me since this will be our first summer with Gio!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
No problem and thanks for the condolences. I was just looking for this to bump it as a reminder about bulldogs and heat. It happens so fast and I don't want anyone to have to go through what I did with Bentley...hopefully his life will save another dog.

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
New Bully Mom..our pup is only 9 weeks old~ was aware of this potential prob, but will also print out to share with family members. My heart goes out to you, so sad. :*(

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
New Bully Mom..our pup is only 9 weeks old~ was aware of this potential prob, but will also print out to share with family members. My heart goes out to you, so sad. :*(

Thanks [MENTION=4766]Molly1[/MENTION] - Molly is SO precious!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So glad I clicked on this article. I knew they did not tolerate heat well but did not know the extent. I have a four month old and he loves to lay on the porch in the sun. I will be sure to print this for the family and keep a much closer eye on my boy! Thank you.

Twisted tails

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Crumpet, Blossom, Tinkerbelle
One of my bulldogs just overheated yesterday. Very stressful situation!

BUDDYnME

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
thanks a lot for a great article.
as a new bulldog owner i certainly need the reminder and the advice and info.
i live in the canary islands and we dont even have a winter.
our summer is boiling.
my "Buddy" is so energetic i really have to stop him and myself from exerting him.
he comes from a long line of dogs that where bred here so they have adapted to an extent.
but a bulldog is still a bulldog and im gonna go check up on mine right now.
:)

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola also overheated the other day. A big reminder how careful we have to be. Her breathing totally scared us. I went on a walk with her, it was like 9PM (21:00). I knew about big problems bullies had with heat, but the temperatures weren't high, unfortunately there was quite a bit of humidity and she couldn't handle it. During the walk she looked normal, that's why I kept going, but when we got home her breathing was so scary that we kept putting cold tissues/blankets on her for more than an hour, maybe two. Then she slowly went back to normal, but I had her sleep under my legs for whole night, just to be sure.

But in a way I'm thankful for it. It's better that it happened now, when the heat wasn't that high, as a big reminder for the future, instead of happening in a really warm situation.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes we all need a reminder of heat and bullies. how quick things can get out of control. thanks for posting this

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
Thanks for the reminder! I find myself timing the kids when they take Rufus out to potty ('ok its been 5min' type stuff) I constantly remind them he gets hot faster than they do...

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Thank you for this post, it may have saved many a wrinkly friend.

Feb 19, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Georgie Girl
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this information. We just moved to AZ from CA and this info is so valuable. We are very sorry for your loss - bless you for posting this. I have printed it and posted it above our wash tub where we bathe our bully.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.