An Important Reminder About Bulldogs and Heat

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Re: Article: An Important Reminder About Bulldogs and Heat

This is a good point to bring up as we have SO many new bulldog owners on here now with puppies .... this will possibly be their first summer with their bully.

Thank you for revisiting a very painful subject for you .... :luv:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
As always ,thank you so much for such an informative article.:heart: I am gonna have my family read this also.

L

Lucy-licious

Re: Article: An Important Reminder About Bulldogs and Heat

Thankyou [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] it must be difficult to revisit your memories but by doing so you will help so many others to realise the dangers summertime can bring to our babies :hug:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thank you for sharing, such a heart breaking story but important to share because I do agree that most of us don't realize that how quickly it can really happen.

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
So sorry for your loss. Snooki is 13 weeks now and I will print this off and read it with the kids and thank you so much for sharing. I was aware of the problem, I was warned by my vet... but just to hear it from you makes it very real and it gave me a "good" scare. I will be extra alert...

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
My eyes teared up when I read this story. How heartbreaking! I'm printing this article off as I type this and I'm going to read it to my family and leave it posted on our family bulletin board. I'll teach my little kids about heat stroke by using Bentley as my example. I am so sorry for your loss:( Thankyou for sharing your story, and know that Bentley is up there waiting to see you again.:hug:

Bustersmommy

May 30, 2011
las vegas
Bulldog(s) Names
buster
buster dishes.jpg
Thank you so much for this info. We live in vegas which is very hot. It has only been low 80's so far. We did notice our lil guy laying out on the patio. NOW I WILL NOT let him out without being outside with him... We would be devistated for something like that to happen... we are new bullie owners also and read everything we can on him!! sorry for your loss

thanks so much for the insight..

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We were in mid 90s today and I refused to let them outside ...... if I let Maggie out she sneaks around to the other side of the deck where she is less noticeable and starts to sunbathe!!! :nonono:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ya it's very deadly out here poor boys have to stay cooped up all day

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thank you for sharing this article. i do watch sarah when she goes out but not every minute and she has sunbathed for like 5 minutes before i make her come in but i will double think that now. makes you think

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for such an important reminder... so sorry for your loss:cry:

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I am so sorry for your loss! I just got a new puppy and with the summer months approaching I am now sick to my stomach with fears that something like that may happen to my Dozer. Thanks for writing this article, you more than likely help save a bully's life by writing this for the whole internet to see.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.