Rescue Stories: Meet Millie, Manny and Owen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Re: Article: Rescue Stories: Meet Millie, Manny and Owen

I can't read this again because it makes me cry like a baby just looking at the photos never mind the story of their lives .... but I'm sure it's a wonderful article!!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This story is one of those that you will never forget. Triumph and tragedy. It has been updated to include an ending to their story, so you must read.....

Okay [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] just read from the picture where they are dressed like a king and queen down, that is the added part of the article that was never there before. It is the happy ending- but yes it will make you cry.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ... Yep I'm crying but this time I'm happy!!!! :yes:

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
As I sit here crying like a baby, I cant help but feel an array of emotions. I couldn't imagine what those poor babies have gone through and can't help but wonder why.
But, I am so THANKFUL for Teresa, Cindy, and EBN. This story is truly amazing and I will remember it forever! I am so HAPPY they are loved and making a full recovery. I hope that one day I can help make a difference in as many bullies lives as possible. Thank you for sharing this story!

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow... i have never read a rescue storey. That was probably one of the saddest things i have ever heard of...and the picures...oh my god..unbeleiveable. It is horrible to know what some dogs are going through.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I too am sobbing at my desk .. wow wow wow ! God Bless those people who helped these poor precious dogs.. WHAT a great ending..

Cindy and Teresa are just amazing! :luv: I am sure those EB are the happiest dogs ever!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have purposely avoided this article because I am too emotional over animals and children. Babyduke encouraged me and it broke my heart. Not only for what these babies went through..after all, they had a happy ending. But for all the critters I know need help. Sigh..if I ever win the lottery, I am going to do something huge for them. No..I mean WHEN I win. Thank goodness for people like this who do what they can and do what they didn't think they could.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
Wow! What a story. You can tell in there faces how happy they both are. How can people be so cruel to there animals!
i couldn't help but cry. Looks like they found a wonderful home and really love life now!

Erika and Princess:heart:

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Wow. It disgust me how people treat animals. Poor babies. Made me cry as well. Those pictures. Wow. I'm just so glad there r rescues out there that can help these bullies gotta love it and families that can take care of them. Great happy ending.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is a very sad day, our hearts go out to Cindy and IEBR as they grieve the loss of sweet Millie.....

From IEBR's facebook page:

Today it is with grief laden hearts that we must tell you , our facebook bully family, that we lost Millie last night. Millie has lived just shy of the last year of her life with a family that loved her deeply. Last night she ate her dinner, went outside and was acting totally normal. In a split minute she was lost to us. The vet is fairly certain it was her heart. Remember, Millie did have a heart murmur. Today we ask all of our bully family and friends to pour out your thoughts and prayers to Manny, Millie's partner. If you've followed the story of Manny, Millie and Owen since they came to us you will know the stong tie that they had. Manny is grieving along with the rest of his family. So please keep positive for Manny and his family and know that Millie we are sure has already spotted their son Owen and they will play in the field of flowers until their family meets them at the bridge.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My heart breaks for Cindy and especially manny..he doesn't understand. Millie is in the best place ever..running ..playing and waiting. Thank goodness Millie had a taste of real love this past year. Cindy..she will be waiting at the bridge for the rest of her family. Peace to all of you.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This is so hearbreaking. I fell in love with these three and cried when Owen was lost. Now Millie. Hopefully Manny will strut his stuff for years to come. My heart goes out to Cindy.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Such a sad story but so glad it had a happy ending. R.I.P. Owen & Millie

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
It totally discuss me how people can treat their animals like this. I just don't understand it, I'm so thankful for the people that have to go out and clean up after them. And give these animals the love and care th​ey deserve.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.