Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:smileywelcome:to the forum! Many Bulldog pawrents here recommend Fromm puppy. Others recommend raw feeding,which is done by some, who could help you with that. I feed Taste of the Wild Pacific.(grain free) I have 5 dogs,and that is the best food I can afford. I have used it for 8 years, and so far, my dogs have been very healthy.
I also give them one or two tablespoons of plain yogurt every night before bed. Sardines once a week. Hill's foods, and Science Diet, Royal Canin-those foods are crap,and so are the food from Walmart/grocery stores. Whatever(dry) food you choose, do'nt use a topper in the beginning, as then they won't eat without it(bullies are very wise...:sneaky2: Other people with join in to help-in the long run, it is your choice-just do the best that YOU can do, for your dogs.

KimberlyS

Apr 20, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Hi I know Im a few days late on this topic but Ive just noticed it One thing I discovered almost a year ago was that Bulldogs are not only susceptible to allergies but also to stones and its diet related. My vet told me the grain free food I was feeding Bubba wasnt as good for him as I thought. He needed to be on a special urinary diet. As it turned out the stones that Bubba developed were not the typical Bulldog stones - leave fit to Bubba to have to be different lol - so they ended putting him on U/D wet food that not many vets carry. I have it delivered every 2 weeks. Its been a change for him and the food took some getting used to but if thats what he needs then thats what Bubba gets. One thing I know for sure and Ive been very guilty of this in the past which could of been a huge reason he developeds the stones was no people food! Bubba was used to getting bites of everything from pizza to popcorn and not giving him anything is hard but I know its for the best. So whatever you choose just make sure you refrain from any human food. Welcome and good luck!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Prey-model raw here. My bully will be 13 years old this August. The other one is turning 9 next month. No vet bills other than the yearly check-up.

Somebody on page 1 said organ meat is too much minerals. I'm not sure what they meant. Organ meat is necessary in prey-model raw.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
...Sardines once a week. ...

Just a quick question - Castor says sardines once a week sounds like a nice treat so perhaps we should try that, but I guess it's probably not the kind of sardines I would normally buy (smoked sardines in tomato sauce)?? Do you buy fresh sardines?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Just a quick question - Castor says sardines once a week sounds like a nice treat so perhaps we should try that, but I guess it's probably not the kind of sardines I would normally buy (smoked sardines in tomato sauce)?? Do you buy fresh sardines?

I give sardines once a week and get the Season brand in water no salt added. I actually tried fresh sardines before and Louie was repulsed by it lmao.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)

If you're going fresh, sardines is not as easy to find as other fish depending on your location. Here in Florida, you won't find fresh sardines in the regular supermarket. I usually get fresh whiting or salmon for the dogs but they can get pricey.

Sardines, tuna, or mackerel is usually suggested because you can find them in the canned meat section of the regular grocery. Always go for the fish that has no additives except for water. Wild Planet brand is available in Walmart and they have no added anything options.

Wild-Planet-Wild-Sardines-In-Water-No-Salt-Added-829696000893.jpg

lYXfHaXReOxnKYka8yhk_2018_0830_WildPlanet_AlbacoreWildTuna_nosalt_Can_5oz%20%289fdaeddc09e672d30c58410cdecc60080c4aeaca%29.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]
Many thanks! Will look into this. We don't have sardines in water here (only in tomato sauce and oil) but perhaps tuna in water might be an alternative.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]
Many thanks! Will look into this. We don't have sardines in water here (only in tomato sauce and oil) but perhaps tuna in water might be an alternative.

I always order mine on Amazon and get a pack. Maybe online will be an option for you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online