Moderator Spotlight: Libra926

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
:hug:I'm balling over here!!! This was very sad, but at the same time heartwarming. I love how 1 tragic moment brought happiness in the end. Everything meshed like how it should have. You are an inspiration to me!! Keep up the good work and I'm deff. gonna buy the cards when they come out!

L

Lucy-licious

wow! no wonder your amazing :luv: you have been through so much yet still bounce back with a loving giving attitude.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Re: Article: Moderator Spotlight: Libra926

What a great read. I was a tomboy too, and still kinda am. Always gave the barbies I received as presents to my little sis and kept the cars, furnitures and accessories. I think the only doll I ever owned was a Lil' Miss Makeup.

That was a tough decision with the kids. Can't remember if it was in the article but did you also consider adoption? I always tell everyone who tells me not to have kids too late about how there's always the option of adopting. You should see the look on their face when I do.

Think of Orion as a mama's gurl. You know you kinda see a little of yourself in her. lol.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge

[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION]
SO moving! What an amazing story. It's wonderful to learn more about everyone, like [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] said "the people behind the bulldogs"! Your strength and love of family is inspiring. Can't wait to see those greeting cards! :D
I was thinking the same thing...Did you just READ MY MIND!?!

Though I had no idea that those with juvenile diabetes had issues with birthing children though it does make sense. I always assumed my MIL suffered with diabetes and had her kids during that time. But...I never really asked...She pretty much is like your father was, she plays around with her insulin and eats what she wants...and her heath has declined from such as a result. It's scary to think her early 60's and my dad who's 74yrs. old...is in better health and can get around so much easier than her.

It definitely is interesting to learn more about those on here...thanks for taking the time to reach deep and share some of the more personal information. At least to me...by getting to know ones as such. More "real"...

Bailey McCandless

Feb 24, 2011
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blake, Bentley, Brittany
You are such a strong person. Thank you for helping w/ this wonderful website. It has taught me way more than I could have ever found out on my own. I haven't been a bully owner but for 4 weeks and I too am hooked on this site. I have been told on facebook that I have way more pics of my 4 legged child than my 2 legged ones. Thanks again

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

I just realized ... I had the cutest little boy knock on my door the other day (which I have to say I was really surprised, because I don't think many people allow their kids to knock on doors anymore but he was with his mom). He was selling bracelets for awareness of juvenile diabetes to raise money so he could go to diabetes camp this summer. How awesome! I bought like 5 - gave him everything in my wallet. He was so sweet and I thought how wonderful that he's working so hard at such a young age! He was all of 7 or 8 years old. As he was leaving, he gave Chunk the nickname "tennis ball dog" - I looked down and all Chunk's tennis balls (various sizes) were around my feet with the exception of the one in his mouth. He just grabbed at my heart.

I think it's so wonderful that he's raising awareness and helping himself at the same time. I only knew one kid growing up with JD - and that wasn't until high school. It was one of my best friend's little brother - and the only reason I really understood it was because I was an EMT. It's really tough and I commend you [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] for your strength!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Great to meet you..we are new here. Great story and very generous of you to share. We have bestest friends whose daughter was diagnosed as diabetic at age 3. The mom also has had 2 bouts of breast cancer and over 30 years ago barely survived hojkins lymphoma..and at that time she was 1 of only 2 percent who survived. I learned how to live well from this wonderful friend..and you have learned it at as well. Thanks again.

conwyatt

Mar 1, 2010
I'm deeply touched and inspired by your life and the example you set for all of us. Vegas and Orion are very blessed to be members of your family.

mkdemers

Mar 5, 2011
Candia, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky and Summer
What a wonderful heartbreaking story! I have two type one diabetic children that are definitely my heroes!!

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie

I loved reading your story, you had me hanging on your every word! Thanks for sharing with all of us! It's really nice for those of us who are new to get to know our 'superiors' on here a little better!:)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank you for sharing your wonderful story, Both Vegas and Orion are Adorabull! I am also a self taught photographer and I love taking pics of my babies!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.