bulliebullybull

Sep 9, 2016
South west Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Re: Article: Dog Food Ratings

Love blue wilderness third bully like high protein low carb life for him keeps him trim and allergy free going from salmon formula to red meat was not thrilled with chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt Swirley

Jun 28, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tango
Bullmama, Can you offer a rating on Victor High Pro Plus? This is the kibble the breeder gave to us take home with our new EB.
Also, is there another string on this forum for "natural foods"; i.e. I have been feeding our dogs a cooked chicken tenderloin, or thigh, maybe an egg (raw or boiled), on occasion a chicken liver. This with about 1/2 cup kibble / twice daily.
Our 7 month Labraddodle gets "satin balls" (see YouTube for these molasses & ground beef meatballs), but not my 15 month EB.
Thank you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bullmama, Can you offer a rating on Victor High Pro Plus? This is the kibble the breeder gave to us take home with our new EB.
Also, is there another string on this forum for "natural foods"; i.e. I have been feeding our dogs a cooked chicken tenderloin, or thigh, maybe an egg (raw or boiled), on occasion a chicken liver. This with about 1/2 cup kibble / twice daily.
Our 7 month Labraddodle gets "satin balls" (see YouTube for these molasses & ground beef meatballs), but not my 15 month EB. Thank you.

I asked you what you feed your dog as you werenā€™t sure why your dog didnā€™t drink much. From what I see here itā€™s like I answered in your other thread, your dog eats lots of moisture. So donā€™t worry about it. But that kibble Iā€™m not a big fan. 2nd ingredient is grain sorghum which is basically millet which you have it again further down on the list. 3rd ingredient is chicken fat. I wouldnā€™t give chicken fat to any of my dogs but thatā€™s me... a lot of ā€œmealsā€ and not meat. Meals is meat but 300x higher in protein. Proteins needs to be balanced out. When you buy a bag of kibbles, you need to read the ingredients n the protein needs to be in % as legumes are also proteins but should never be a big source more than the meat protein. If your feeding your dogs cooked meals, why donā€™t you feed them 100% cooked? If you absolutely want to give a bit of kibbles stick to Acana one protein bags, Zignature, Fromm (grain free bags).

BTW, youā€™re doing a good job!!!

Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Pork Meal, Chicken Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), Blood Meal, Whole Grain Millet, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Yeast Culture, Natural Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Carrot Powder, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Taurine, Salt, Choline Chloride, Dried Seaweed Meal, Zinc Methionine Complex, Vitamin E Supplement,

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie

I just got my little girl the other day . Fromm puppy gold was what the Breeder was feeding her. The Breeder is a member of BCA. Very reputable. She has champions . Blood line is great . Sheā€™s been using Fromm for years . The puppy gold and Adult gold . She told me not to use grain free . But I already knew that from previous posts I read . I used Victor in the past with my other bulldog she is five . But Iā€™m switching her to Fromm also so Iā€™ll have them both on the same brand soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

I just got my little girl the other day . Fromm puppy gold was what the Breeder was feeding her. The Breeder is a member of BCA. Very reputable. She has champions . Blood line is great . Sheā€™s been using Fromm for years . The puppy gold and Adult gold . She told me not to use grain free . But I already knew that from previous posts I read . I used Victor in the past with my other bulldog she is five . But Iā€™m switching her to Fromm also so Iā€™ll have them both on the same brand soon . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fromm is also a good brand. And YES, you WANT grain free!

Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max

I use orijen puppy pretty active dog in Max. I just had skin issues three months after being on orijen puppy I am going to switch to six fish. He loves it

I use coconut oil on it but have never had issues of upset stomach.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I use orijen puppy pretty active dog in Max. I just had skin issues three months after being on orijen puppy I am going to switch to six fish. He loves it

I use coconut oil on it but have never had issues of upset stomach.

I only feed my German Shepherd Orijen. Great kibble. At 8yrs old he was still able to just 6ā€™ fence.
My EB when it as kibbles, it was only Acana. Both made by the same company. Now on raw.
But because itā€™s an EB, you might want to switch to Acana ONE protein bag and see what protein heā€™s allergic to. As orijen puppyā€™s, both bags and a few more of orijen have chicken. Why I would stick to their Acana one protein bag. Start with duck, easier to digest. Once bag is finished, get another one protein bag but different protein n so on

Apr 28, 2019
Ca
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I only feed my German Shepherd Orijen. Great kibble. At 8yrs old he was still able to just 6ā€™ fence.
My EB when it as kibbles, it was only Acana. Both made by the same company. Now on raw.
But because itā€™s an EB, you might want to switch to Acana ONE protein bag and see what protein heā€™s allergic to. As orijen puppyā€™s, both bags and a few more of orijen have chicken. Why I would stick to their Acana one protein bag. Start with duck, easier to digest. Once bag is finished, get another one protein bag but different protein n so on

Good idea, only problem is I just ordered 6 fish and heard from the breeder that the mom was allergic to salmon so I may be going to the store and Iā€™ll definitely look into the acana 1

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea, only problem is I just ordered 6 fish and heard from the breeder that the mom was allergic to salmon so I may be going to the store and Iā€™ll definitely look into the acana 1

You canā€™t go wrong with that company. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll exchange it. Also donā€™t mean heā€™ll have allergies to salmon cause his mom was. Itā€™s very important to rotate proteins as a pup. Neither of my dogs has allergies as I would rotate as puppies different protein every month. Still do. They both can eat chicken or basically anything. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.