Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh nice, glad they have a grain free now. I have not tried it. Maybe I will sometime soon!

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes I think I'm going to try it. Its 49 dollars for a 26 pound bag that's half of what I'm paying now!

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
$90 sucks for a bag of dog food [MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION].Too bad you don't have something like petflow there in Canada. How's Samson today?

Last edited:

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
i know i always search google for online dog food in canada and hope something will pop up. but nothing reliable ever does. Samson is doing better today, thanks for asking :). couldnt get him into the vet untill tuesday but they did say its black fly season!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i know i always search google for online dog food in canada and hope something will pop up. but nothing reliable ever does. Samson is doing better today, thanks for asking :). couldnt get him into the vet untill tuesday but they did say its black fly season!

Hey..I found an old thread about petflow in Canada. Lacey28 has petflow deliver to a store there and she gets her food that way. Takes 2 weeks. The stores are pet wise and for my fur kids...maybe you have those stores nearby? Or contact lacey28??

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Hi!!! This food/allergies things for bullies is sooooo complicated!!!!! :cry: I switched my baby Kairos to blue wilderness salmon and it has done wonders for his allergies- no tears, much less scratching... but he hates it!!!! he doesnt like how it smells and he will look at it for hours before eating... :shout:
After reading so many post here I guess most people use fromm and love it.... we dont get that at any store in Puerto Rico :nonono: , so I finally bought him, Wellness super5 mix chicken.. will start switching today to see how it goes ( I verified the list and the ones that are rated 6 stars the only one that I can get in Puerto Rico is wilderness (BLue) ...)
I will also start him on Probiotics... should I just give him the probiotics with his food? or should I give it to him before he eats??

Please let me know, these forums have been sooooooooo helpful!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!! :p

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Has anyone tried Sojos yet? I'm trying it out on the Boston Terrier. So far he loves it! I mix it with Natures Variety "Instinct" raw beef patties.If all goes well I might put Belly on it and start her on a raw diet too.

dobbelaar

Dec 13, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
jennifer
after i have read the food rating i wonder if there is a big difference between the food ratings ,because some brands listed as a 1or 2 star dog food ,are highly recommanded here in the Netherlands ( eukanuba ,royal canine,hills etc ) and are quite expensive 65 euro or more for 15 kg .
Some brands mentioned i never heard of

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
after i have read the food rating i wonder if there is a big difference between the food ratings ,because some brands listed as a 1or 2 star dog food ,are highly recommanded here in the Netherlands ( eukanuba ,royal canine,hills etc ) and are quite expensive 65 euro or more for 15 kg .

I do not know the answer to this very good question... but [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] may know.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Most all of the prescription diets are rated low mainly because they are made for specific ailments and are not good for long term use on a healthy dog. Their ingredients are not usually desirable. And yes, they are expensive here too.

The ingredients from a one star to a 3-4 star are huge. Same from a 3-4 to a 5 or 6.

Many of the best quality diets are not heard of because they rely on word of mouth advertising, they do not spend billions on tv advertisements. The money goes into high quality ingredients in the food.

Lucky

Jul 26, 2012
Olathe, Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucky
I just switch my dog over to Blue Wilderness- Duck flavor. My bully seems to really like it. Its pricey but i think its well worth it. my bully seems to be a lot more active since being put on Blue. Its great be cause its grain free also. I would recommend it to any body that owns an english bulldog.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula

Hi I know what you are saying! We get limited choice in the uk. the 3 bulldog owners I know all use royal cainin bulldog, the review on the site rates it 2 **. He is growing fast , has a lovey coat etc.
just hope I am not feeding him expensive poooo.
Where did the reviews come from ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi I know what you are saying! We get limited choice in the uk. the 3 bulldog owners I know all use royal cainin bulldog, the review on the site rates it 2 **. He is growing fast , has a lovey coat etc.
just hope I am not feeding him expensive poooo.
Where did the reviews come from ?
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The reviews were initially done by myself with the help of other online food ratings sites, talking with top rated food reps, ingredient panel research, and member testimonials.

As you are looking at the ratings of foods please understand a lot of the RC brand is prescription diets that are made specifically for certain ailments of pets in general. So be sure the rating you are looking at is the specific food you are feeding. RC also pays a lot for marketing and promoting their products which goes directly out of the food you are feeding.

Eukanuba has improved I think but they are still a P&G brand and still not a great food. :down:

Years ago before they were bought out by p&g they were actually one of the better foods available for their day back in the1990's.

I'm on my phone so I can't link you but reading the article of understanding dog food labels and finding bad ingredients can really help you choose a quality food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.