Why Should You Never Purchase A Puppy From a PetShop?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Like everyone else I was uneducated about this matter we bought ours from a place that had only puppies and while the place looked clean the puppies did not look happy they were clean but you could tell they needed a forever home and it brought tears to my eyes that I could take Sheldon's sister with us. We later learned that the very people we bought Sheldon from and GiGi (my mother in law's tea cup yorkie) were running a puppy mill. They had over 128 dogs and 28 of those were puppies with other females being pregnant living in deplorable conditions heat ranges from 90 to 105 degree's outside barely any covering dirty water and I am happy to say every one of those dogs including pregnant ones were adopted in less than a month because my husband I were going to adopt another bully only to find out all the dogs had been adopted out I applaud Arkansas in its efforts against this type of thing and these people were made an example of getting jail time!!

Sparkie

Jul 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bobo
I know buying from pet stores is wrong but I went everyday and checked a pup in aa pet store by my work . Everyday that little pup was sicker and sicker I already had 5 but I bought him to him to their vet they sent us home with antibiotics well I was up all night holding that little 6 pound bulky mix he couldn't breath at all I rushed him back I said fix this pup I dot want my money back I want him to live well sure enough he had pneumonia in his right lung they kept him 5 days then he finally came home to me ,had I not helped I know he would be dead they put them to sleep if they are sick or don't sell. So that's my story of Bobo.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I know buying from pet stores is wrong but I went everyday and checked a pup in aa pet store by my work . Everyday that little pup was sicker and sicker I already had 5 but I bought him to him to their vet they sent us home with antibiotics well I was up all night holding that little 6 pound bulky mix he couldn't breath at all I rushed him back I said fix this pup I dot want my money back I want him to live well sure enough he had pneumonia in his right lung they kept him 5 days then he finally came home to me ,had I not helped I know he would be dead they put them to sleep if they are sick or don't sell. So that's my story of Bobo.

Thank you for saving this pup.. Love pictures :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

[emoji22] thank you so much for saving this baby.

Please share pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.