ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Life's Abundance has never had a recall. They have the advantage that they know where each bag of food is shipped, right from the manufacturer. I have complete confidence in the company. Mabel has thrived on it.

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
How often is this list updated? It notes that it was written in 2011 but it doesn't note any edit dates that I can see. Thanks - new here and just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing by my new guy :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How often is this list updated? It notes that it was written in 2011 but it doesn't note any edit dates that I can see. Thanks - new here and just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing by my new guy :)

I believe it is current.... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I believe it is current.... [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] ?

Our top 5 is current, I think most can agree the foods listed are still in our favorites list. The star chart is as current as we have time to add to- but there is thousands and thousands of dog foods so there is no way to keep it up. Learning how to read labels or choose food types is even more important so make sure you read the article on how to read labels and find bad ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
Our top 5 is current, I think most can agree the foods listed are still in our favorites list. The star chart is as current as we have time to add to- but there is thousands and thousands of dog foods so there is no way to keep it up. Learning how to read labels or choose food types is even more important so make sure you read the article on how to read labels and find bad ingredients.

Thank you!

lilone

Sep 11, 2016
Lamar, Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yabba Dabba Doo
This was an interesting read and discussion. I went and ahead and googled for some more info and a few sites say that yes they are poisonous and toxic and others say that only some dogs react to avocados.
The ASPCA website states it causes vomiting, diarrhea in cats and dogs.

Avocado | ASPCA

To be completely honest you cannot always believe what websites tell you sometimes the information that it contains maybe older news since the website may not be updated as it should be just my opinion and I am willing to try better food for my bulldog and I thought I was doing good with Pedigree food

Rumbleseat

May 30, 2017
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba Beau
Just wondering and looking for some additional input ... I have been feeding Bubba Beau (our superstar) Natural Balance (Sweet Potato and Duck) for the last 6+ years. I have noticed some weight gain (currently 75 #) over the last year ... even though his parents were very large bullies. I am now considering some form of gradual weaning off of the Natural Balance (concerned about the amount of grain in the product) and would appreciate any input or views concerning "new" food choices. THX!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Just wondering and looking for some additional input ... I have been feeding Bubba Beau (our superstar) Natural Balance (Sweet Potato and Duck) for the last 6+ years. I have noticed some weight gain (currently 75 #) over the last year ... even though his parents were very large bullies. I am now considering some form of gradual weaning off of the Natural Balance (concerned about the amount of grain in the product) and would appreciate any input or views concerning "new" food choices. THX!

If you want to stick to kibble, Fromm, Orijen, and Acana are all really good choices. There are some others too. Dogfoodadvisor.com is a good source of information for ratings on dog food.

Rumbleseat

May 30, 2017
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba Beau
Thanks for the info, Cbrugs! Have somewhat settled on Fromm ... at least, as a first step.

Rumbleseat

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thanks for the info, Cbrugs! Have somewhat settled on Fromm ... at least, as a first step.

Rumbleseat

One of the great things about Fromm is that you can rotate between the formulas without having to do a slow transition. Good Luck!

bkeferl

Jul 8, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Yager
I was just told yesterday to give my English bulldog, Royal Canine for puppys 8weeks to 12 months for English bulldogs, then give him Royal Canine for adults, Can some one please tell me If I have made a good choice?

bkeferl

Jul 8, 2018
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Yager
Can someone tell me if Royal Canine for English Bulldogs is good

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18440]bkeferl[/MENTION] Not a good food. Find a grain free food.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was just told yesterday to give my English bulldog, Royal Canine for puppys 8weeks to 12 months for English bulldogs, then give him Royal Canine for adults, Can some one please tell me If I have made a good choice?
That someone should do their research. I'll drop it here before I say something not nice lol

Your dog is a carnivore not a cow. Stick to NO grain kibble. Like acana, orijen, Fromm, zignature etc. Read all the post above yours as it will explain all.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can someone tell me if Royal Canine for English Bulldogs is good

Horrible... all filler and grains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.