Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm still relatively new to the website, but I've posted the yeast & allergy issues we have with Tank. I'm going today to find and buy either Nature's Logic or Nature's Variety Instinct. Both state they are good for bulldogs with yeast & allergy issues! I hope this works!!

Paws crossed! It may not make things disappear right away, be patient! Please keep us posted :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I've just switched Nigel and Karly from Holistic Select to Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost...they love it and I'm looking for it to help with the tear stains and shedding luckily no skin problems here at this time oh but the shedding!

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Are these listed in order starting with best? Is fromm the best? We just got a Hollywood feeds store in November that sells all these 6* foods. I've had Lucy on wilderness puppy for almost a month and her coat is drier looking than when she was on nutro. I started adding salmon oil to her food and will continue that but I'm thinking at 6 months i may switch altogether

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
does the coupon code still work? i didnt get any discount when i entered it in, so i ended up using the one they advertised on their home page

CoCo Flores

Jan 16, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, CAN
Bulldog(s) Names
CoCo
origen any good ? please i need advice, my bully is now 1 year old and i am now switching because she was on Royal Canin Puppy! i was going to put her on Royal Canin Bulldog put thanks to this site I just saw that Royal Canin is the worst thing i could give to my bully ! Here in Montreal,Canada is very difficult to find the brands that are the best for the bullys... i get "Origin" or "Fromm" !! plese advice ! thank you !!

***She's a very active dog, 1year old 45.7lbs ***

Last edited:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Thanks for creating this thread.
We found out yesterday that EVO has been recalled.
The pet store recommended Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken Meal Formula.
Looks like this was a great choice based on the comments here.
Our Walley-Bubba is doing very well so far, no adverse side effects at all.
In fact, he seems even more rambunctious than ever.
Thanks again.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Remi is currently on Nature's Variety Instinct limited diet lamb -has been since he was 4 months or so - and he's having ear infections and allergy issues worse than usual - he just turned 1.

Now attempting to convert him to Fromm's Pork & Peas.

He doesn't seem to do well on chicken or beef, or salmon. We're running out of proteins!! Or maybe NVI just doesn't agree with him. Will keep everyone posted.

Please don't get the rabbit formula. Some Chinese workers in the food/fur trade are just brutal when it comes to handling animals. I have videos that would just horrify you.

John Holmes

Apr 2, 2014
This was an interesting read and discussion. I went and ahead and googled for some more info and a few sites say that yes they are poisonous and toxic and others say that only some dogs react to avocados.
The ASPCA website states it causes vomiting, diarrhea in cats and dogs.

http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/poison-control/Plants/avocado.aspx

the article was about the plant being toxic... in some cases, and a mild reaction MAY occur when ingested by dogs or cats, in large quantities. you really have to read the entire article before scaring people to believing that avo's are bad for dogs. ours love em.

bullyfanatic

Feb 26, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stitch...& Diesel
I kinda Shocked No One Mentioned Merrick ,Evo, Or Taste Of The Wild...AllGreatFoods

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I kinda Shocked No One Mentioned Merrick ,Evo, Or Taste Of The Wild...AllGreatFoods

All good foods, but Evo and TOTW companies have had recalls, so that is why they were not a top choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
My store won't sell TOTW anymore. Chum did very well on it until the recall.

bullyfanatic

Feb 26, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stitch...& Diesel
I Agree BullyMomma..BuT They Have All Had Recalls Very Few Have Not

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.