Rescue Stories: Meet Champ Waring

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
I have always been an advocate for animals. I have volunteered time and donated money, but Champ and Neely were my inspiration to really get involved in bulldog rescue. Champ's story makes me sad, happy, and hopefull all at the same time. :heart:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] I'm the same .. I've read Champs story SO many times ... but those photos get me every time. Those eyes just tell a thousand stories and they are all such bad ones. :*(

Most humans, if they had been put through the same kind of emotional and physical torture that Champ and a lot of bullies have been through would either be in counselling for the rest of their life or be "damaged goods". The fact that these bullies recover and learn to love, live and forgive can only show that we have something to learn from them.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It sickens me to think there are actually people out there who do this to these poor animals. LOVE and HATE this story at the same time. Cant help but cry.

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I am so mad at people sometimes! I hate that this goes on. I am seeing much more now days for some reason. My Gunner was neglected to the point of heat stroke which almost killed him, but no abuse like Champ. All these bulldogs are miracles in my opinion!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Got a foot in the door when Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs first came about, and because of that my husband, Tom and I are on the board. Our main job is to co-ordinate all the fosters in the Ohio area.

You would not BELIEVE the excuses as to why some people give their bulldogs up to rescue. But for the 4-5 calls we get asking for a bulldog to be taken in to rescue .... probably 1 or less actually make it to us. It's often owner surrenders who find something or somewhere else to put their dog, and I shudder to think where but there is nothing we can do.

Neglect comes in many forms ... and it saddens me that I can look into those big brown trusting eyes even after they have spent a life time of being covered in fleas, faeces and being ridden by worms. Yet still they will sit and apart from cowering if you lift a hand too suddenly, they are as trusting as a human child.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Got a foot in the door when Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs first came about, and because of that my husband, Tom and I are on the board. Our main job is to co-ordinate all the fosters in the Ohio area.

You would not BELIEVE the excuses as to why some people give their bulldogs up to rescue. But for the 4-5 calls we get asking for a bulldog to be taken in to rescue .... probably 1 or less actually make it to us. It's often owner surrenders who find something or somewhere else to put their dog, and I shudder to think where but there is nothing we can do.

Neglect comes in many forms ... and it saddens me that I can look into those big brown trusting eyes even after they have spent a life time of being covered in fleas, faeces and being ridden by worms. Yet still they will sit and apart from cowering if you lift a hand too suddenly, they are as trusting as a human child.

When I read post like these it just reinforces my desire to rescue a bully and give he/she the same wonderful life that Dublin has. I have applied to two rescues here in Florida (they should have my paperwork by now) and I wrote a long essay with the application and of course included a pic of Dublin:D. I wish i could rescue ten but then my family would definitley have me committed:loco: I am excited as to what may lie ahead and just to know that we can bring so much love and nurturing to one more of these amazing creatures fills my heart:heart:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin

Wish you were here in Florida....:)

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I just saw Champs web site. What you have done with him is truly inspiring to us. I am shocked because it appears animal abuse is going on ALL over America, and abroad. Bulldogs seem to be able to get peoples attention and if Gunner can help open some eyes here down south..well Champ is his inspiration! Praying he stays healthy. :heart:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online