Dog Food Change Story: Meet Molly

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
She is so beautiful!! What a HUGE difference, and I bet she acts different too!! Darn that Iams :angry:, that is what Vegas was on when I adopted him at 4 months and I kept him on it for another 6 months :eek: It was to the point he stunk so bad and was a mess, shedding so bad, he was ate up with yeast, had a severe ear infection and was miserable with itching. Only when I found this site did I learn about food. We switched to Nature's Instinct grain-gluten free Salmon, and within a month he was a different bully. I am still amazed at what a difference a good food makes in your animals, I have preached it to all my family that has dogs, even if their dog does not have problems.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She is so beautiful!! What a HUGE difference, and I bet she acts different too!! Darn that Iams :angry:, that is what Vegas was on when I adopted him at 4 months and I kept him on it for another 6 months :eek: It was to the point he stunk so bad and was a mess, shedding so bad, he was ate up with yeast, had a severe ear infection and was miserable with itching. Only when I found this site did I learn about food. We switched to Nature's Instinct grain-gluten free Salmon, and within a month he was a different bully. I am still amazed at what a difference a good food makes in your animals, I have preached it to all my family that has dogs, even if their dog does not have problems.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I would love for you to write the long drawn out version of your story. Maybe your before pictures won't show the difference, maybe they will, but your story is still worth telling! :heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I have some pretty good before pictures, some even with the open sores on his head, If I took a picture of him today it would look the same with his allergies out of control with the pollen here. I will work on this though.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
I also have learned that feeding a grain free premium dog food also helps in the tear stains, gas, skin, coat and poop.
Better dog food is worth it in the long run.
Thanks,

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it common for a grain free dry dog food diet to have such side effects as weight gain and constipation?

I am not sure, weight gain from feeding more than needed is always possible. As for the constipation, some premium quality foods do make for some stiff logs, add a bit of water to the food and it should come out softer :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions