English Bulldog Puppy Buying Tips

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
:up: LOVIN' THE QUESTIONS YOU GIVE TO ASK...So many don't know where to start...and the right questions...GOOD READ!:up:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Great writeup :up:

How much did you have to pay the pretty models? :)

jimmyb218

May 27, 2011
Beware of the scammers out there my first bulldog came from a small multi breed location that said said it came from a local breeder problem was the breeder was in Oklahoma and i live in boston NOT SO LOCAL always trust your first instinct:nonono:

ham3381

Jul 7, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
:( I just recently bought my bulldog from a pet store. I had no idea of the risks of doing so. I was super impatient. I took my dog to the vet twice the same week. I purchased him. He had spirochetes (bacteria in stomach) Two days later i took him cause he was gagging and had mucus coming from his nose. he's been on medication he seems to be better. But just yesterday starting having a bad case if diarrhea. I recently changed his food to Wellness Super 5 mix but i messed up and switched him without doing it little by little. Anyone feed there dog this food? Has anyone bought the bully from a pet store? I hope my dog turns out healthy.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:( I just recently bought my bulldog from a pet store. I had no idea of the risks of doing so. I was super impatient. I took my dog to the vet twice the same week. I purchased him. He had spirochetes (bacteria in stomach) Two days later i took him cause he was gagging and had mucus coming from his nose. he's been on medication he seems to be better. But just yesterday starting having a bad case if diarrhea. I recently changed his food to Wellness Super 5 mix but i messed up and switched him without doing it little by little. Anyone feed there dog this food? Has anyone bought the bully from a pet store? I hope my dog turns out healthy.

Welcome! I would love to answer here but I think you should start a new topic so you will get more responses from our friends here. Just go to FORUM, choose the health section, and from there you can start a new topic. It is unfortunate that your baby came from a pet store but thousands have- you are not alone. Hopefully we can help you get your baby in good health!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DOBLE EDITION

Jul 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
good thread! I'm going to print this out when I get a breeder on the phone. I always forget a few very important q's, then end up making 5 phone calls.:eek:

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
Great information... our breeder passed the test on all counts! In addition, my husband and I had to be interviewed and the breeder had to speak directly (via telephone) with our veterinarian for a recommendation. We were delighted that such care was taken to make certain our little one would have a good home! We are thrilled to say WE ARE EXPECTING!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
This was posted 8 hours ago on Bulldog Club of America's Facebook page

[h=5]Bethany Bowser
[/h][h=5]I just wanted to share this. A few of you know I do not own a bulldog as of yet but am and have been in the long process of doing research and finding a breeder or a rescue dog to fit my family perfect. This person had contacted me a few weeks ago under a different name and I know because I had the old conversation still saved. It sounded fishy to me. But this is the conversation that I just had this morning. Sorry for the swearing. But I just wanted you guys to be aware of the people out there on your page.[/h]

safe_image.php
Like · · Follow Post · 8 hours ago via mobile

Leatherneck

Apr 3, 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Gomer & Vince
Just saw this post, confirms that I did get my guys from a puppy mill. And I guess those puppy mills are run by all kinds of people in all kind of areas. When I saw "the breeder" I didn't even give a notion he would be such. Guess I better look behind the uniform and see the person. Fantastic article though and I did just past it on to an acquaintance that is looking for an english bulldog. Oh next time!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.