Ugggh!!! How do I get rid of these tear stains on my English Bulldog?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I finally am going to try the equal parts of Hydrogen peroxide with MOM with enough starch to make a paste. I applied it to not only Orion's tear stains..but also Vegas. I am now officially the most hated human in the house. Orion's tear stains are horrible. But she is such a PITA..I was afraid of getting the mixture into her eyes. Round one went fairly smoothly.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only reason I did not post the peroxide mixed with milk of mag was I never used it myself and wonder about combining the two ingredients together.

I am looking very forward to seeing some pics one week from today! Got is missy??? [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Love the tips !! I know food is a big part. Georgia never ha dtear stains until we changed her food but now i have her and Beefy on Natures Logic and I can tell you it is WONDERFUL!! i wipe both their eyes about twice a day and apply desitin and no tear stains!!! :up:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
The book I got the info from suggests twice daily. There is no way I can do all I do in the morning, plus apply this mixture...wait for it to dry AND brush it off. So...maybe two weeks. I did take a before photo of her. I need to figure out her chin. The soup...although works great for slimming down the chub, doesn't do well on the white baby's face. She manages to get tomato on top of her head.
Do you make up the mixture each time...or does it store well mixed up? I guess I will find out tomorrow.
I have no idea how you manage it all. I can barely feed myself when dealing with the two babies. I SUCK at multi-tasking.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]
Have Noah film you doing the paste on the dogs. I want to know how it looks. If I have it too thick. I need guidance from the expert.

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
I noticed you made sure to say "dont let the powder poof in their eyes" when suggesting the Gold Bond or Cornstarch powder to keep dry...I always recommend buying a set of the plastic picnic ketchup / mustard containers. You can get them cheap at Walmart or the dollar store. The pointed tip helps get the powder right in the wrinkle and no where else :heart: We use Gold Bond a lot in the tail pocket too.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ok..I've been doing the concoction that I described. 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 MOM and enough cornstarch to create a paste. Here is my problem. I don't have to wait for it to dry. Orion will find a way to rub it off. (it may be too pasty) I've found it on the couch, carpet, blanket and the wall) Not only that, she is like Buddy the Elf and she eats the stuff off my finger faster than I can get it onto her face. But... I'm still doing it.

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
Thank you so much Desertsky for putting this information together!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bully:

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
Ok..I've been doing the concoction that I described. 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 MOM and enough cornstarch to create a paste. Here is my problem. I don't have to wait for it to dry. Orion will find a way to rub it off. (it may be too pasty) I've found it on the couch, carpet, blanket and the wall) Not only that, she is like Buddy the Elf and she eats the stuff off my finger faster than I can get it onto her face. But... I'm still doing it.

LMAO, Buddy the Elf! I just spit my drink out laughing so hard! Love it! Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2156]Rosiesmom[/MENTION]

Emily: You like sugar, huh?
Buddy: Is there sugar in syrup?
Emily: Yes.
Buddy: Then YES!

or

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

I love that movie!

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
[MENTION=2156]Rosiesmom[/MENTION]

Emily: You like sugar, huh?
Buddy: Is there sugar in syrup?
Emily: Yes.
Buddy: Then YES!

I think you and I just became best friends!!! It is one of my top 5 favorite movies (I'm a movie junkie)!!! Will Farrell is a comedy God!!
Buddy: You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa.
or

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

I love that movie!

I think you and I just became best friends!!! It is one of my top 5 favorite movies (I'm a movie junkie)!!! Will Farrell is a comedy God!!
Buddy: "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa."
Buddy: "I'm sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR."

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online