Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugggh!!! How do I get rid of these tear stains on my English Bulldog?

mabel lou

I would use a cone if you have one available and then remove it after a while, it is just a suggestion after reading. I will be doing this if I need to do the tear stain removal.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel
    Likes (Received)

I am a new member to this site but have been a guest for a period of time now. I use Tylan powder when I have issues with tear stains. I get it from amazon I think I only paid $20-25 for 100g. I was told to use this by my breeder who also has over 22 years of Vet experience.

You only use a pinch or so over the food daily until the stains are gone. You will notice a difference after a few days. You still have to maintain the area as best as you can but using this powder has really taken away some of the worries of the dreaded tear stains.

I know there is a lot of products that are made just for this problem and there are mixes you can make at home that will work as well but I can truly speak from experience. It really works. I hope that this post will help others just as this has helped me.

Default Re: Ugggh!!! How do I get rid of these tear stains on my English Bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundBully View Post
    I am a new member to this site but have been a guest for a period of time now. I use Tylan powder when I have issues with tear stains. I get it from amazon I think I only paid $20-25 for 100g. I was told to use this by my breeder who also has over 22 years of Vet experience.

You only use a pinch or so over the food daily until the stains are gone. You will notice a difference after a few days. You still have to maintain the area as best as you can but using this powder has really taken away some of the worries of the dreaded tear stains.

I know there is a lot of products that are made just for this problem and there are mixes you can make at home that will work as well but I can truly speak from experience. It really works. I hope that this post will help others just as this has helped me.
    I might try out that powder

Checked the reviews on Amazon and it seems fantastic!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ugggh!!! How do I get rid of these tear stains on my English Bulldog?

I haven't tried this one either, but I read that you can use contact lens solution to remove the tear stains. This is safe for dogs eyes, as it is used on contacts and is safe for human eyes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Bently, And Maddie
    Likes (Received)

does anyone know what to do for dry eyes the meds aren't working this 1% tacrololus are something like that but no help eye bugger galore. thanks any advice I'll take

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxy lowery, Stella Lowery
    Likes (Received)

they sell a really great face cleaner at petco called spa face cleaner, its blueberry "smell" and its took my bullys tear stains away with in about a week of use, I swear by it just a suggestion.

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Ok so I tried the cornstarch mixture but it made it as hard as a rock. I added more hydrogen peroxide till it makes it workable. I just want to make sure it won't harm him in any way since I had to add more of one.

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Daisy
    Likes (Received)

I started using the new Bert's Bees Tear Stain Remover for dogs. I love B'sBs products so I had to try it. Like all their products, it's totally natural and safe. It says on the bottle that it takes some time for the beneficial effects to be observed. It's been about three weeks now, and I'm starting to see improvement. Daisy doesn't object to it at all. I'm thinking that it will be the answer. Incidentally, I'm also using B'sBs Nose and Paw Lotion on Lily's nose, and that brown crusty crud is gone. I'm really pleased with that!

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Ugggh!!! How do I get rid of these tear stains on my English Bulldog?

Im a bit vary of trying mixed hydrogen peroxide ,it must be bad for their delicate skin ? (Especially for bullies with prone to skin allergies)
    So far warm water cloth twice a day is working wonders -not sure how long it will last (now we added witch hazel weekly)
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Waring View Post
    I noticed you made sure to say "dont let the powder poof in their eyes" when suggesting the Gold Bond or Cornstarch powder to keep dry...I always recommend buying a set of the plastic picnic ketchup / mustard containers. You can get them cheap at Walmart or the dollar store. The pointed tip helps get the powder right in the wrinkle and no where else We use Gold Bond a lot in the tail pocket too.
    I apply the powder to my fingers and then run my fingers through the folds.

Real Name
    Taylor
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

This is great! Is there any way I can save this specific article so I can come back to it?? (I'm new)

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    This is great! Is there any way I can save this specific article so I can come back to it?? (I'm new)
    @desertskybulldogs --- I know there is, but I am at a loss right now as to how
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads