Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great article Tessa!! Some of these I have never would have known to be cautious of. Thank you!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Re: Article: About Bloat in dogs and what signs to look for in your English Bulldog

great article tessa!!!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Re: Article: About Bloat in dogs and what signs to look for in your English Bulldog

Great article. We were looking into Great danes before we got Silva and I was told by 2 breeders that this is common in that breed.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus

Thanks for putting that together!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

Good article Tessa! Hopefully I will never need that info but it is good to have in case.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Very nice article...I am saving it to put in with my puppy packs. I just had a friend who lost 2 mastiffs in 3 months to this horrible condition....!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Bump for everyone who hasn't read it or would like to take another look.

It includes very simple and great tips on how to prevent bloat.

crystalmcr

Nov 8, 2010
Minnesota
Bulldog(s) Names
Frany Stein and Boris Karloff
I lost an akita to bloat. I wasn't sure what it was, but I had a bad feeling. I coundnt get her in to see her regular vet( not telling them i thought it might be bloat) the vet I did end up taking her to, waited 6 HOURS!!!! to do any kind of xray, apparentlly SHE didn't know what it was. By the time I got her into the emergancy vet (at 1am) the opened her up to do the surgery and came back to tell me to say my goodbyes, there was nothing they could do, it was too late. If you have even the SMALLEST feeling it might be bloat, dont wait and MAKE them see you!!!This was 15 tears ago and I still cry... I still blame myself.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.