ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is a great list! How do we get someone to add Claratin, all artificial tears and ophthalmic lubricants, and all anti-fungal creams and sprays (for ringworm) to the list?
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION]

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
For my Chevy which is 14 wks old I called his vet this morning to ask about benadryl dosage they said 1 mg per pound of body weight per day so we got children's benadryl who's is 12.5 mg per chewable tablet he weighed 21.6 PDS his last visit so he would get one and a half tablets per day she said they can not exceed 1 mg per 1 pound per day hope this helps someone

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For my Chevy which is 14 wks old I called his vet this morning to ask about benadryl dosage they said 1 mg per pound of body weight per day so we got children's benadryl who's is 12.5 mg per chewable tablet he weighed 21.6 PDS his last visit so he would get one and a half tablets per day she said they can not exceed 1 mg per 1 pound per day hope this helps someone

No... not children's.... it has a sweetener that is not good for dogs. Regular benedryl... 1 mg per pound

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I just read the ingredients and it has sugar cubes for a sweetener and I know sugar is not good for dogs but I thought in that small of an amount it would be ok

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I think the problem is that some of the liquid Benadryls ( not the childrens ) may have alcohol. Make sure there are no artificial sweetners in any liquid you give dog, especially xylitol

I just read the ingredients and it has sugar cubes for a sweetener and I know sugar is not good for dogs but I thought in that small of an amount it would be ok

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Yes I always read the ingredients and that's y I settled on the children's chewables it uses sugar cubes as the sweetener

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.