Article: What is a Tail Pocket on and English Bulldog?

Bellathebully

Nov 23, 2013
London-UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My Bella has the biggest tail pocket, which is even painful to clean. I thought this was not common in bully's until I read Thai! Thank u :)

devlishangelinca

May 23, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
We found out the hard way with Boris when he got an infection. We had been cleaning under the tail and around the anus daily but didn't know there was a pocket and his is deep. Since his infection in November, we've been using medicated wipes. He's such a good boy and lays down to let me clean him. No issues since then but I feel horrible that he got an infection.

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
From what I very recently discovered, Dr.'s will refer to the wrinkle OVER the tail as a tail pocket also. My dog had a corkscrew tail and the wrinkle over his tail was so deep you can insert your finger up to your second knuckle.....very deep pocket and highly prone to infection. He had over a 2 inch corkscrew tail that you could only see the very tip of. The pocket and tail are completely gone now.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Thank you for this! Brutus has a deep tail pocket and i cleaned it last night and a bunch of hair and grossness came out. I'm going to have to clean it daily.

ddiizzyy

Oct 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Augustine
My bulldog has a tail pocket and she hates it when i clean it.

EyeLoveOurBully

Apr 25, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Worf
Thank you!!! i feel awful that i had NO idea this even existed!! I finally found one on our bully puppy after reading this and pulled a bunch of (thankfully dry) hair out of it. I hope it isn't too deep, and I'm still slightly afraid to explore it more (esp after his confused reaction...), but I will! Any advice is appreciated!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Baby wipe, with witch hazel. Or witch hazel pads, which is the same thing, just more expensive. (Tucks)

Same here.... witch hazel on a cotton pad

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.