Life with Epilepsy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, just wow.... Although I knew all this, reading and seeing it all I one place.... Cheryl you are an amazing mommy

:hug: to Vegas

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Love that story, Cheryl worked so hard on his story, getting it all in one place for other people to be educated. She's an amazing mommy as well as an amazing woman!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Cheryl I commend you for putting this together to educate others... I have to admit watching Vegas go thru those seizures brought me to tears... :*( I agree w/Lisa that you are an amazing woman!!!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I remember watching and reading this after Loki's grand mal seizures and reaching out to Cheryl for guidence because she at the time was the only one I knew would be able to help us understand. Thank you so much for sharing the story of Vegas with all of us it has been so helpful! I can say I even more so now I can't watch the videos anymore but I could read the story almost everyday and retain a little more knowledge each time. Having only to have felt with Loki's seizures twice i can honestly away I have no.idea how you are able to keep such good track and stay so focused without giving up on him as many people would. He is lucky to have you guys as you are him :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dear Cheryl,
You are an amazing mom. I know what it takes-as I have been there. Mine was a German Shepherd, and her seizures started at one year of age- though I knew from when she was a pup-she was "different"-but no seizures...... I read your story, but couldn't watch the videos, as I knew it would be so painful to see. I pray for you-I know how stressful the worry and the feeling of "being on edge" the dread, the fear, when is the sleeping "monster" going to wake........YOU are special-Vegas is a lucky,special boy.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
This is completely not helpful but I felt the need to add. I'm on a strange cocktail for my anxiety and it includes an anti-seizure medication (for people with epilepsy, etc). I wish I could hook a bulldog up! ha ha ha.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thank you everybody for reading our story. Since his diagnosis my goal has been to bring awareness, offer comfort, a listening ear....... but most of all, a shoulder to lean on. It's not the best written story, but it's the truth as I lived it. Please share our story if you can. Hugs!!

~Disclaimer~ Sent from Mission Creek Women's Correction Center for trying to steal an iphone, using my prison issued GT-P5113 and Tapatalk Free, because I refuse to pay for another upgrade to Tapatalk Pro. now Free

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Cheryl, you are an AMAZING mom and Vegas is blessed to have you! I can't imagine how you stay so focused to take such good care of him. Vegas was meant for you as not many people could be so strong through all of this.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Cheryl, you are an AMAZING mom and Vegas is blessed to have you! I can't imagine how you stay so focused to take such good care of him. Vegas was meant for you as not many people could be so strong through all of this.
I must admit I giggled when I read this. Oftentimes Orion is the complicated one. Vegas truly makes dealing with this so easy. He has an amazing spirit. I agree though, it was kismet that Vegas is with us.

~Disclaimer~ Sent from Mission Creek Women's Correction Center for trying to steal an iphone, using my prison issued GT-P5113 and Tapatalk Free, because I refuse to pay for another upgrade to Tapatalk Pro. now Free

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I read your blogs a while back where you chronicled everything and then you didn't mention anything for quite some time...it suddenly hit me about a week ago when I was reading one of your posts that I haven't heard an update on Vegas! I agree with the others..you are amazing Cheryl....and so is Vegas!

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
You are one AMAZING bully mom and there isn't enough that can be said to thank you for sharing your story. So many hugs and kisses to your babies!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I read your blogs a while back where you chronicled everything and then you didn't mention anything for quite some time...it suddenly hit me about a week ago when I was reading one of your posts that I haven't heard an update on Vegas! I agree with the others..you are amazing Cheryl....and so is Vegas!

I went from documenting them in a blog to documenting them in an email to his neurologist. I should copy and paste them here. Thank you for being so kind.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online