Article: Interdigital Furuncle / Interdigital Cyst

Susan in Savannah

Oct 20, 2012
Savannah,GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Galladriel & Bear
My Bear-Bear's were thought to possibly be a problem from the Demodex mange he was covered in when he was surrendered to my Vet. I don't have pics, but they would look like a bump on his puddin' webs then would look exactly like a miniature volcano. Never had anything but clear fluid come from them either, but my baby was in pain & limped around. My vet gave him a med that had steroid & antibiotic combined, along with soaks. Thankfully, the older Bear-Bear has gotten, the less frequent these eruptions are--thanks for a great article & wonderful suggestions on alternative things to use!!

chopkins

Nov 15, 2013
Chicago, IL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ernie
thank you [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] !!!!...I have been following this to a tee and its looking better and better!!!

:no:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
thank you [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] !!!!...I have been following this to a tee and its looking better and better!!!

:no:
Oh you're very welcome. Sally (my rescue senior) got one shortly after we rescued her. I had read about them here but had no experience so I researched and the article is the info I gathered. Be sure to treat until fully gone, that was my mistake. They're nasty buggers but so treatable. Hope Ernie's heal fast. :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh you're very welcome. Sally (my rescue senior) got one shortly after we rescued her. I had read about them here but had no experience so I researched and the article is the info I gathered. Be sure to treat until fully gone, that was my mistake. They're nasty buggers but so treatable. Hope Ernie's heal fast. :)

Have you ever heard of or seen a cyst on the fold on the face?

AngusBaby

Oct 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
We've been battling this for a year now with our bully, Angus. He's seen 6 different vets and have gotten 6 different explanations, treatment plans, etc. He's had skin scrapes, investigative surgery, x-rays, numerous directions to change his food, etc. Nothing seems to have any effect. In the meantime, our poor bulldog has been on Prednisone for over a year as this is the only thing that keeps his swelling down. We just had an allergy test done this week and are waiting for the results. I'm not convinced that this will shed any new light on the cause.
His feet look exactly like the pictures you posted above, even with the ruptures and bloody seepage. We have tried some of the treatments above, but after reading your directions, we obviously have not done them for long enough or in the right combination. We've spent well over $1000 trying to find the cause and develop a treatment plan to control this condition. At this point we are soooo frustrated, we don't know what to do next!

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Great information!! Poor Farley has splayed toes and came into rescue with one of these nasty things. It was a constant battle trying to get it under control. I think it took a good 9 months to get his feet looking good as they can and a few vet visits. I wish I found this article back then.*lol* He still gets his epsom salt soaks when being bathed 2 -3 times a week. This helps me clean out the dirt and crud under is feet and toes. I used to soak 2-3 times a day when we first got him...:w00t:

simplehermit

Jul 25, 2013
Delaware
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I am not much for the Commentings, but i will now because i think what i've learned can help you help our precious Bullies.

My rescue dog Hank came with furuncles on every foot, between every digit. (They told me they didn't know why he was always chewing on his feet!?!)

I won't tell you all i did to TRY to fix. THIS is what worked:

1) Keep the underside paw clean-clean. Allow no debris. I found vinegar to be a good solvent.

2) Treat the topside paw, the furuncles, with "Vitara Clinda, Treatment of Acne Vulgaris".

Do this, and it'll be gone. And if you keep the paws clean, and loved, it'll be ~gone for good~.

And ~Thank God for Bulldogs~.

MeatMom

Jul 2, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Really need help with a catch 22 situation. My bulldog BIT me really badly because I was trying to treat his interdigital cysts. Afraid to do it now, I drive him 2 1/2 hours every day to the vet for help. I have found a trainer who I am convinced can train him and convince him he is not the alfa and transfer that to me. But the trainer won't take him until the toes are healed, and the toes aren't healed.............unless I can touch them to treat him. What can I do? Dog was on antibiotics for 15 days, with pretty much miraculous results. Two and a half days off antibiotics and a big bloody swelling reappeared on a back foot. Today, for the first time, when the vet touched it, he tried to bite again. I love my dog so so much. He has to get better? What should I do? I am now even afraid to bathe the feet. Getting bitten was awful. Please help with ideas.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Really need help with a catch 22 situation. My bulldog BIT me really badly because I was trying to treat his interdigital cysts. Afraid to do it now, I drive him 2 1/2 hours every day to the vet for help. I have found a trainer who I am convinced can train him and convince him he is not the alfa and transfer that to me. But the trainer won't take him until the toes are healed, and the toes aren't healed.............unless I can touch them to treat him. What can I do? Dog was on antibiotics for 15 days, with pretty much miraculous results. Two and a half days off antibiotics and a big bloody swelling reappeared on a back foot. Today, for the first time, when the vet touched it, he tried to bite again. I love my dog so so much. He has to get better? What should I do? I am now even afraid to bathe the feet. Getting bitten was awful. Please help with ideas.

If you are nervous or afraid is sensing it and feels the need to protect himself .... If you can just get his feet is warm water and epsom salt it will help... You do not have to touch the area while soaking.. But will have to dry them.

Also are you using nothing in life is free? It is a very easy training technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.