Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is an awesome article. Lots of great information. Lots of time and effort and research went into this article. Thank you.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Exactly the information I need exactly when I needed it! I'm dealing with my first ever hot spot :ashamed:

Thanks Lisa!!

jackisanders

Feb 22, 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully
My bully has been itching his face. He has no signs of hives or hot spots and his eyes are not swollen. Would giving him an antihistamine still be good choice for this? Is giving him a daily antihistamine good as an everyday thing, even if you don't see any signs of allergies?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My bully has been itching his face. He has no signs of hives or hot spots and his eyes are not swollen. Would giving him an antihistamine still be good choice for this? Is giving him a daily antihistamine good as an everyday thing, even if you don't see any signs of allergies?

If you don't see signs of allergies don't give meds. If he's scratching his face give him an Antihistamine

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Agree with [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], try benedryl. He could have an itchy face from eating and food/water residue, wipe clean and dry off after eating and drinking and wash his bowls often

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
awesome article. I noticed a spot on dukes back this week,looked like a bug bite. tonight i found another one on his hip. Concerned now. i cleaned them out and out some medicine on them. They are the size on an erasure, not close together. i hope they are not tick bites or these hot spots.

Dixie Belles Mom

Oct 9, 2012
Midland, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie Belle and Lizzy Belle
Has anyone ever had their bully breakout in hives due to an illness in the family? My bully broke out in terrible hives one day out of no where on the face, back , arms, belly and everywhere. I gave her benedryl and it did no good at all. As it turnes out long story short my husband was very sick with leukemia and we didnt know it yet, found out later that day when he was admitted to the hospital. I gave her benedryl for two days thinking it was an allergy. She was not any better on monday so I took her to the vet and my vet told me she was under stress about my husband being sick. When he got out of the hospital she got a little better, but he had a relapse a week later and they started up again this time with hair loss. Since he's feeling better now she hasn't had hives again.
Have any of you heard of this?

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Has anyone ever had their bully breakout in hives due to an illness in the family? My bully broke out in terrible hives one day out of no where on the face, back , arms, belly and everywhere. I gave her benedryl and it did no good at all. As it turnes out long story short my husband was very sick with leulemia and we didnt know it yet, found out later that day when he was admitted to the hospital. i gave her benedryl for two days thinking it was an allergy. She was not any better on monday so I took her to the vet and my vet told me she was under stress about my husband being sick. When he got out of the hospital she got a little better, but he had a relapse a week later and they started up again this time with hair loss. Since he's feeling better now she hasn't had hives again.
Have any of you heard of this?

Yes, many pets when sensing illness in the 'alpha' or a close member of their pack may show behavior changes or have some type of illness even depression

Bulldog MUM

Nov 6, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Newman,Winston,Honey and Caesar
Excellent article. Has anyone heard of fish oil for allergey's?

Members online

No members online now.