Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
My baby Luke is 1years old now and developing allergies. Hives and reverse sneezing and even vomiting I cannot get to the bottom of it as nothing has changed in our house hold from soaps to cleaners even his dog food. We have gone to the vet several times heā€™s received allergy shots and taken Benadryl as well still no relief I feel so terrible for my baby I know he has to be uncomfortable I just wish there was some relief I could provide for him. Iā€™m going to try all treatments mentioned in this wonderful article so helpful !
Vomiting should not be related to allergy unless something is severely wrong. What does the vomit look like and when does it happen? What are you feeding and when do you feed? What sort of shampoo are you using? Have you considered a raw diet. I assume he's been allergy tested since he's getting shots...what were the results?
Can you post a few pics of him showing the affected areas.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
In the article say 1mg per lb? So my pup is around 65 lbs he need to take 6 pills a day for a 10mg claritin? Thats seem a lot ? Bc human only need to take only 1(10mg) aday.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
In the article say 1mg per lb? So my pup is around 65 lbs he need to take 6 pills a day for a 10mg claritin? Thats seem a lot ? Bc human only need to take only 1(10mg) aday.

I answered your other post :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Claritin is one pill per day. The other dosage is for Benedryl

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
4EA5644C-22CC-4B99-B4ED-98933AF464A6.jpegGood morning. Sorry if not posting in the correct spot. I couldnā€™t see where on my phone to post. My bulldog has had this spot that seems to have gotten larger. We have tried several things food changes baths and medications does anyone know what this may be or from?
thank you,
jennifer
0nDzfyI248xMLpLlgw61Q7z3Q

PS I hope the picture posts!

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
View attachment 120518Good morning. Sorry if not posting in the correct spot. I couldnā€™t see where on my phone to post. My bulldog has had this spot that seems to have gotten larger. We have tried several things food changes baths and medications does anyone know what this may be or from?
thank you,
jennifer

This looks like seasonal alopecia to me... does he also have it on the other side? You could have the vet do a skin scrape, but my Walter suffers thru this every year. It is harmless for them, just irritating for us... Lol Some people have had luck giving melatonin, although it didn't seem to help my Walter.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree-seasonal alopecia. Two of mine had it. One grew all her hair back, and the other grew hair back on one side, and not so much on the other side!. It is not serious, just cosmetic. [MENTION=8731]freebeans[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 120518Good morning. Sorry if not posting in the correct spot. I couldnā€™t see where on my phone to post. My bulldog has had this spot that seems to have gotten larger. We have tried several things food changes baths and medications does anyone know what this may be or from?
thank you,
jennifer

yep, seasonal flank alopecia.... my guy had it, I switched to raw food for many reason, and added vitamin d as the SFA continued. The vitamin D did help and his fur all grew back.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.