Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: English Bulldog Allergies- Information, Treatment and Prevention

Real Name
    Marlene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: English Bulldog Allergies- Information, Treatment and Prevention

I'm new to the Forum and wanted to thank you so much Lisa for taking the time to write this incredibly informative article. I will be sure to recommend this Forum to every bulldog owner I know!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: English Bulldog Allergies- Information, Treatment and Prevention

Quote Originally Posted by Dana F View Post
    Can yeast and bacteria from my bully spread to humans? And what about his toys and food /water bowl? I wash his toys and bowls at least 2 times a week.
    Sorry @Dana F I just saw this question.

As with any bacteria, it can spread, cleaning bowls as often as possible will help, especially with chin acne and wet drinkers, as well as patting dry with a towel. Once the immune system builds it should act like a 'shield' against bacteria, germs and virus, just as with humans.

That is why, even with bad allergy sufferers, a good dog food helps them so much, it may no alleviate all allergy problems, but it does help them create some of that 'shield' and makes the allergy problems more manageable.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog MUM View Post
    Excellent article. Has anyone heard of fish oil for allergey's?
    Our vet wants us to use 1200 mg fish oil per day for possible allergies/yeast issues. We've switched food to grain free Orijen Adult and have eased up to the 1200 mg fish oil. Are you using fish oil? If so, how is it working?

Thanks!

Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

This was a great read. Very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a great read. Very helpful.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone - I'm a new bully momma and have just recently found a Hot Spot on Boss. I immediately followed the directions to treat it as listed above and am thankful that I had read up on it otherwise I would have totally been freaking out. It looks as though Boss is going to recover well but, I'm still wanting more information on these "Hot Spots." I'm hoping all you bully experts out there can help . . . . .What causes these Hot spots? Do they happen often? How long do they last? What can I do to avoid Boss getting them altogether? Being such a new parent any info or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BossysMomma View Post
    Hello everyone - I'm a new bully momma and have just recently found a Hot Spot on Boss. I immediately followed the directions to treat it as listed above and am thankful that I had read up on it otherwise I would have totally been freaking out. It looks as though Boss is going to recover well but, I'm still wanting more information on these "Hot Spots." I'm hoping all you bully experts out there can help . . . . .What causes these Hot spots? Do they happen often? How long do they last? What can I do to avoid Boss getting them altogether? Being such a new parent any info or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!
    I'll create a new thread from your question so it doesn't get missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Lisa for this thread! So, so helpful. Brutus rubs his face in the carpets, rubs his back under the furniture, licks his feet until the carpets are soaked. Scratches all the time. We've had him on prednizone and antibiotics for over a year. The vet seems to think that the allergy shots would only help about 50%. We have him on Fromm Surf and Turf but am going to add some krill oil and get the shampoo you recommended. It's definitely yeast as well as allergies. You can tell by the smell. Do you think we should still add the yogurt? And we'll do the pet tabs too. I feel so bad for our little buddy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom to Brutus View Post
    Thank you Lisa for this thread! So, so helpful. Brutus rubs his face in the carpets, rubs his back under the furniture, licks his feet until the carpets are soaked. Scratches all the time. We've had him on prednizone and antibiotics for over a year. The vet seems to think that the allergy shots would only help about 50%. We have him on Fromm Surf and Turf but am going to add some krill oil and get the shampoo you recommended. It's definitely yeast as well as allergies. You can tell by the smell. Do you think we should still add the yogurt? And we'll do the pet tabs too. I feel so bad for our little buddy.
    Maybe, try a different Fromm flavor. My girl can't do the surf n turf because of a sensitivity to Salmon and white potato being so high in the ingredient list. Maybe Beef Fritatta or Pork and Peas, or Game Bird
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riley bear
    Likes (Received)

My bully baby is itching his hind quarters and legs like a mad man. Also his whole belly, private areas and inside legs are a darker color than they once were. I did a little research online and it mentioned it could be a skin yeast infection. He also has little red dots on his belly. and the bottom of his paws look like the yeast picture in this article. Also he had been flea treated and never before had a problem with the frontline before. His food has been the same and again I thought he was doing fine on it with leads me to believe it's seasonal allergies or a skin issue. I would love someone else's advice.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by krystal View Post
    My bully baby is itching his hind quarters and legs like a mad man. Also his whole belly, private areas and inside legs are a darker color than they once were. I did a little research online and it mentioned it could be a skin yeast infection. He also has little red dots on his belly. and the bottom of his paws look like the yeast picture in this article. Also he had been flea treated and never before had a problem with the frontline before. His food has been the same and again I thought he was doing fine on it with leads me to believe it's seasonal allergies or a skin issue. I would love someone else's advice.
    Hi Krystal - are you feeding him a grain free food?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by krystal View Post
    An you post pictures, please
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Riley bear
    Likes (Received)

I am feeding him whole earth farms it's made in the USA and had no corn, wheat, soy, byproducts, or artificial colors or preservatives

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads