RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How well have they tested her urine? Try giving her some probotics too.

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma
The breeder told me that this was the whole reason she gave her to me at a discounted price but i believe theres more going on with her than i was told shes had one siezure since weve had her 5 months ago.. they thought it could be for the medication she was taking but who knows.. i just want her to get well.. :( i know bulldogs have alot of health issues especially females i was told it could be some type of cancer since the symptoms were the say because she wasn't spayed well we got that done but that didn't seem to help either.. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The breeder told me that this was the whole reason she gave her to me at a discounted price but i believe theres more going on with her than i was told shes had one siezure since weve had her 5 months ago.. they thought it could be for the medication she was taking but who knows.. i just want her to get well.. :( i know bulldogs have alot of health issues especially females i was told it could be some type of cancer since the symptoms were the say because she wasn't spayed well we got that done but that didn't seem to help either.. :(

Where are you located? you may want to find a new vet... we can check the recommended list here, all submitted by members that use these vets.

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma
Re: Article: How to Successfully Treat a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Waco Texas...

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Waco Texas...
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]... any additional suggestions?

Any of these nearby:
Animal Health & Medical Center
Dr. Allen J. Bolt
Abilene, TX 79608
325-695-7140

Radford Hills Animal Clinic
Dr. Mark Leavell
Abilene, TX
325-672-3090

Brittmore Animal Hospital
Dr. Matt Dikeman or Dr. Kit Kampschmidt
Houston, Texas
713-468-8253

Dr. Kirk Esmond
Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
2150 North Josey Lane, Ste 106
Carrollton, Texas 75006

Critter Care Animal Hospital
Amna Plummer, DVM
13040 Dairy Ashford
Sugar Land, TX 77478
281-494-7700
www.crittercareonline.com

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Waco Texas...

Wow, Emily...I live in Hewitt, TX, a suburb of Waco.

What vet are you seeing...this is sooooo ridiculous!

Do you have pet insurance?

Christine, those vets are all too far away, I'm thinking about WHO
to reccommend, we don't have any on EBN's list in an hour & a half
radius.

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma

I've been to family pet clinic on valley mills, and la vega vet clinic for everything besides shots and spaying/neutering which i use the abc clinic for :)

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma

I do not have pet insurance I looked into that with pet smart and they stated that it only covered shots

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I do not have pet insurance I looked into that with pet smart and they stated that it only covered shots

Okay, pm'ing my phone # right now, call me when you can, anytime.

Group...we will keep y'all informed!

Christine, as I find a good bully vet, I will let you know, Sweet Thang!
:smoochwink:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Okay, pm'ing my phone # right now, call me when you can, anytime.

Group...we will keep y'all informed!

Christine, as I find a good bully vet, I will let you know, Sweet Thang!
:smoochwink:

Thank you, Carol!! Emily - you are in great hands with our Texas sweetheart!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The vet we use is way too far away from them. We use Brittmoore Animal Hospital.

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma

Thank you to everyone I received a lot of helpful information from carol yesterday! I am a little uneducated about the bully breed so i have some homework to get done!! It sure is a lot different then the other types of dogs I've had in the past! So glad I came upon this site :)

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
This brings back memories when we first got Dozer. His urine emited such a strong acidic odor that I felt like my nose was going to melt off. It turns out he did have a UTI and it was sucessfully treated with antibiotics. The vet also suggested we try Bragg's Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Ever since we then we put around 1 teaspoon on his food and I noticed a difference right away. His urine did not smell nearly as bad and the color improved. He's been UTI free since. I highly reccomend it.

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
okay... so i have a question... my dog has not improved with her antibiotics and shes done in two days so im taking in a sample for the vet as asked to. however they said she has +4 crystals also and she has not stopped her peeing all the time outside. i am really worried that she is hurting her self so i try not to let her go one after the other again and again. instead i let her pee once long and go back inside and repeat when she asks. i am seeing blood by the third pee if i let her just run around. i told my vet this and she just gave me the antibiotics... i have been reading a lot online and they say a raw diet and wet food will help future utis and bladder issues because kibble is too dry and tends to dehydrate dogs. she is an olde english bulldogge and this is the first real problem we have had. she is a year old with a more inverted vagina. anyone have advice?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
okay... so i have a question... my dog has not improved with her antibiotics and shes done in two days so im taking in a sample for the vet as asked to. however they said she has +4 crystals also and she has not stopped her peeing all the time outside. i am really worried that she is hurting her self so i try not to let her go one after the other again and again. instead i let her pee once long and go back inside and repeat when she asks. i am seeing blood by the third pee if i let her just run around. i told my vet this and she just gave me the antibiotics... i have been reading a lot online and they say a raw diet and wet food will help future utis and bladder issues because kibble is too dry and tends to dehydrate dogs. she is an olde english bulldogge and this is the first real problem we have had. she is a year old with a more inverted vagina. anyone have advice?
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] may be able to help. She has experience with crystals and also is a raw feeder so she may be able to give guidance to transition over to a raw diet

Most Reactions