JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks for really informative article Lisa. For those like me who have never experienced a UTI this will be very helpful

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for the article. Lots of good info. on treating it.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks, I wanted to get this out there because so many treat it once only and it comes right back a week later.

Reoccurring UTI is so very common, but usually it's because the first one was never completely gone to begin with. If the bacteria is not completely gone, it just brings you back to the beginning. It can be very frustrating, especially on your wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Thanks for that info. Just wondering....is the only sign odour in the urine? I must admit, I have never smelt their pee. Now that we have Gidget (female) who is now 5 months old, should I be smelling her urine?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for that info. Just wondering....is the only sign odour in the urine? I must admit, I have never smelt their pee. Now that we have Gidget (female) who is now 5 months old, should I be smelling her urine?

Frequent peeing. Like constantly squatting to pee but not peeing much. Blood in the urine too. I will add this info to the article, thank you for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lisa...is that Moe?

Yes I was looking for a sourmug face and that one I loved! It was in the sourmug theme thread :). I swear I never saw that one before!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Great Article Lisa as always! This is very informative for anyone going through this :2thumbs:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Thanks Lisa. I also learned from Rissi that the urine can have phophate crystal in their urine, which are remnants of the UTI. The vets first suggested action was to order prescription food and when I said no, other homeopathic suggestions were suggested.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Lisa. I also learned from Rissi that the urine can have phophate crystal in their urine, which are remnants of the UTI. The vets first suggested action was to order prescription food and when I said no, other homeopathic suggestions were suggested.

How's our big girl doing now?

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
How's our big girl doing now?

She is doing great!! Instrusive and attention hogging as over. But the UTI sx are gone, the UA (-) and I am giving her cranberry to keep her system in balance!! It is crazy how fast it all occurred with increased accidents on the floor, urine hesitancy (probably from bladder spasms making her feel like she had to go) and increased frequency. The poor baby!!

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma
I have a english bulldog that i adopted back in December and ever since i got her we have been battling UTI weve done 2 rounds of anitbotics and grandberry pills twice a day. I am going to try this hopefully this helps us out.. its been 7 months and over $1,000 later and we still haven't been able to get it completely gone.. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a english bulldog that i adopted back in December and ever since i got her we have been battling UTI weve done 2 rounds of anitbotics and grandberry pills twice a day. I am going to try this hopefully this helps us out.. its been 7 months and over $1,000 later and we still haven't been able to get it completely gone.. :(

OMG.... that is so not right. Something is going on if it continually returns. Has your vet given you any indication of the type of issues your girl is having or just continues to give antibiotics?
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Two rounds of antibiotics in 7 months is not horrible.... but likely she was not clear 100% which is why it came back. After this round of antibiotics have her urine checked right away.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.