Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: How to Successfully Treat a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Okay, pm'ing my phone # right now, call me when you can, anytime.

Group...we will keep y'all informed!

Christine, as I find a good bully vet, I will let you know, Sweet Thang!
    Thank you, Carol!! Emily - you are in great hands with our Texas sweetheart!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: How to Successfully Treat a UTI - Urinary Tract Infection

The vet we use is way too far away from them. We use Brittmoore Animal Hospital.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Emily
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Big Momma
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: How to Successfully Treat a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Thank you to everyone I received a lot of helpful information from carol yesterday! I am a little uneducated about the bully breed so i have some homework to get done!! It sure is a lot different then the other types of dogs I've had in the past! So glad I came upon this site
    Emily

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

This brings back memories when we first got Dozer. His urine emited such a strong acidic odor that I felt like my nose was going to melt off. It turns out he did have a UTI and it was sucessfully treated with antibiotics. The vet also suggested we try Bragg's Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar. Ever since we then we put around 1 teaspoon on his food and I noticed a difference right away. His urine did not smell nearly as bad and the color improved. He's been UTI free since. I highly reccomend it.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milly
    Likes (Received)

okay... so i have a question... my dog has not improved with her antibiotics and shes done in two days so im taking in a sample for the vet as asked to. however they said she has +4 crystals also and she has not stopped her peeing all the time outside. i am really worried that she is hurting her self so i try not to let her go one after the other again and again. instead i let her pee once long and go back inside and repeat when she asks. i am seeing blood by the third pee if i let her just run around. i told my vet this and she just gave me the antibiotics... i have been reading a lot online and they say a raw diet and wet food will help future utis and bladder issues because kibble is too dry and tends to dehydrate dogs. she is an olde english bulldogge and this is the first real problem we have had. she is a year old with a more inverted vagina. anyone have advice?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alyw9876 View Post
    okay... so i have a question... my dog has not improved with her antibiotics and shes done in two days so im taking in a sample for the vet as asked to. however they said she has +4 crystals also and she has not stopped her peeing all the time outside. i am really worried that she is hurting her self so i try not to let her go one after the other again and again. instead i let her pee once long and go back inside and repeat when she asks. i am seeing blood by the third pee if i let her just run around. i told my vet this and she just gave me the antibiotics... i have been reading a lot online and they say a raw diet and wet food will help future utis and bladder issues because kibble is too dry and tends to dehydrate dogs. she is an olde english bulldogge and this is the first real problem we have had. she is a year old with a more inverted vagina. anyone have advice?
    @RiiSi may be able to help. She has experience with crystals and also is a raw feeder so she may be able to give guidance to transition over to a raw diet
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Great article.

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member Barbara Ray Linker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Barbara Linker
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Georgie Girl
    Likes (Received)

FYI, our Georgie Girl has had repeated UTI's and was treated with amoxycillan or ciprofoxacin. The UTI kept recurring. When I had taken her back to the Vet he prescribed her Baytril/enrofoxacin which treats a DIFFERENT TYPE OF BACTERIA. It has been 1 1/2 years and the UTI has never come back!

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads