Article: Anal Gland Care - Everything you need to know!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you Jeannie for the very informative topic :2thumbs: good job

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thanks everyone. It's not the most visually fun article to read but such an important part of your dog's anatomy to know about.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
You did a great job of making something so important clear and easy to understand. I really appreciate the visuals you included, both the diagrams and the videos. I learned a lot from this. Thanks for all your hard work.

chonchimama

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
Bulldog(s) Names
Max a.k.a "Chonchito"
If my dog doesn't show any of these symptoms, do I still need to express the anal glands?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
You know, I've had a jillion dogs throughout my lifetime and believe it or not, I didn't know anything about the need for expressing anal glands until I got to this forum... it was a humbling experience. :D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You know, I've had a jillion dogs throughout my lifetime and believe it or not, I didn't know anything about the need for expressing anal glands until I got to this forum... it was a humbling experience. :D

:eek: ..:faint:.. .:laugh:

ktcmojo

Feb 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaiser
I have gently squeezed at 4 and 8 positions and i dont see anything coming out or any yapping from Kaiser but he still occasionally does the butt boogie
i DID have him on clavamox for almost a month and its a LOT LOT better but still at times he will dance-stool is NOT soft or runny
and looking at his backside it doesnt look all red and infected like it did before the vet expressed him and gave me clavamox-if a groomer can do it, is that safe?
my vet charges FIFTY BUCKS just for a cover charge to walk into the office.............
thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have gently squeezed at 4 and 8 positions and i dont see anything coming out or any yapping from Kaiser but he still occasionally does the butt boogie
i DID have him on clavamox for almost a month and its a LOT LOT better but still at times he will dance-stool is NOT soft or runny
and looking at his backside it doesnt look all red and infected like it did before the vet expressed him and gave me clavamox-if a groomer can do it, is that safe?
my vet charges FIFTY BUCKS just for a cover charge to walk into the office.............
thanks!

Groomers can do it, but I would call your vet to see if you can come on just for that, maybe a tech can do it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.