Article: Disaster Preparedness for your pets

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Great article! Thank you for all the information and links. It never, ever hurts to be prepared and may save your life or your bullie's life one day.

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thanks, great info. Living in Miami, I need to get my emergency plans to include Philly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent information, thank you [MENTION=6176]linwhite[/MENTION]

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Thanks, great info. Living in Miami, I need to get my emergency plans to include Philly.

Definitely! Spend some time at Floridadisaster.org. You'll find a lot of help there before and after impact including shelter maps and other information about assistance for recovery.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Great Article, I live in Florida as well, so this information is priceless.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] , this is something I have to do. We never want to think about something bad happening but the reality is it can happen! Great post:)

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] is Bacon ready for this "Frankentsorm" I hope it decides to hang a right and go play in the middle of the atlantic!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=5756]tanito00[/MENTION] Yea we are ready, this will be our second hurricane at the new house. We made it through Irene fine but not everyone else did, I had friends w/o power for 6-8 days, fortunately our community has underground power lines so hopefully we are okay and don't get water in the house. Bacon does love swimming and our yard has turned into a small pond on occasion so it may be fun :-)

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
@tanito00 Yea we are ready, this will be our second hurricane at the new house. We made it through Irene fine but not everyone else did, I had friends w/o power for 6-8 days, fortunately our community has underground power lines so hopefully we are okay and don't get water in the house. Bacon does love swimming and our yard has turned into a small pond on occasion so it may be fun :-)

Im in northern virginia and we made fine through Irene too even though we got the tail end of it some of my coworkers were with out power for 6 days or so too. This will be Ellie's first hurricane!! how exiting hopefully she dont get too scared.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Im in northern virginia and we made fine through Irene too even though we got the tail end of it some of my coworkers were with out power for 6 days or so too. This will be Ellie's first hurricane!! how exiting hopefully she dont get too scared.

It will be Bacon's first hurricane as well, I'm not worried about him being scared. We live in a neighborhood full of pyro's that love to shoot off mortars all times of the year, myself included. Thunderstorms don't even phase him

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I just skimmed through the link and didn't see this mentioned. But your very first disaster preparedness to-do is to make sure your pet is registered. Remember, in most counties in Florida, your pet registration is only good for one year unless you get the 3-year rabbies vaccine then you may have the option of applying for a 3-year license. Why register? None of the pet shelters will take your dog if it is not registered...

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just skimmed through the link and didn't see this mentioned. But your very first disaster preparedness to-do is to make sure your pet is registered. Remember, in most counties in Florida, your pet registration is only good for one year unless you get the 3-year rabbies vaccine then you may have the option of applying for a 3-year license. Why register? None of the pet shelters will take your dog if it is not registered...

Every state is different, i guess, here in PA you must have dog license every year and if microchipped you can get a lifetime license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] you jinxed us up in the northeast :p

I was only the messenger.... and I am in the 'jinxed area' :tease:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online