Article: Rescue Story: Meet Gunner

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I am sitting here bawling right now. :( What you all did for this angel was magnificent. Do you have a paypal address for donations? I'd like to help, and maybe others too?

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Wonderful story with a happy ending - kudos to you - Gunner is one lucky boy!

We are both lucky for sure! He found a safe and loving home. I found more than a great loyal friend in him. I found hundreds of new friends who share a love for animals and want to protect and care for them as well.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Thank you for this forum site also. I am so glad we have a place to go to find out everything Bulldog! :2thumbs:

Kathleen you are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing with us :)

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I am sitting here bawling right now. :( What you all did for this angel was magnificent. Do you have a paypal address for donations? I'd like to help, and maybe others too?
That is awesome. I will set one up. Gunner still has eye damage from the sun, but the Vet said no surgery will be necessary. Just 2 different eye drops for a while will help his vision. He is a much slower Bulldog now because the Hypothalamus has changed from the heat stroke. So as a normal 4 year old would be active he is melowed out.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is so sweet, I wish I could give him a huuuuuge hug. May I ask, at the end of the day, what the bills were? I never seem to leave the vet after a minor concern for less than $200-$400. (And he's reasonable, and that's including office visit, nail trim, and the tons of products I always seem to need.) You guys ROCK so hard for saving this beautiful boy. Please, if it's allowed, post where we can help you with this, every little bit helps, right? :)

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner

Hi bulliemommi..You are the sweetest to want to help him too! I made an account w/ my email [email protected]'ll post more pictures soon..I want to take him to a pet expo where the Rescue Center he came from will be, to tell her(Ashlea) thank you. I'm sure Gunner can not walk in a big convention center because it is so big, even tho it's A/C. I am looking for a wagon or pet stroller to roll him in on. He acts much older & slower than most bullies due to the heat stroke I think. <3

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
He is so sweet, I wish I could give him a huuuuuge hug. May I ask, at the end of the day, what the bills were? I never seem to leave the vet after a minor concern for less than $200-$400. (And he's reasonable, and that's including office visit, nail trim, and the tons of products I always seem to need.) You guys ROCK so hard for saving this beautiful boy. Please, if it's allowed, post where we can help you with this, every little bit helps, right? :)
He is a sweetheart! Looking in his big brown eyes get me every time. He puts his paw in your hand too, as if he needs you and wants you to help him, and it really makes me want to protect him. I melt for bulldog!:heart: I love him so much! I don't mind telling you how much it was. If any one gets in this situation in the future they will know what they are facing for sure. Three days of fluids and antibiotics, & eye drop was $1,505.55. It was at Becker animal hospital. They were VERY busy and had many animals to care for, but it's a huge facility. We really were not prepared for the amount, but no one is when you are trying to save a pets life. You are not thinking money. It was scary when his blood work was going south though. I knew that even if he didn't make it that the bill was gonna hurt! :pouting: Oh, you have no idea how happy I was to get him out of there! :sunny: I may be a little over protective of him, but for good reason. I take him outside often but when he gets tired or starts panting..It's right back in!:nonono:
You are so sweet for wanting to help him. I wish you could see how sweet he is! I don't know why anyone would not love him?! It boggles my mind. I did set up an account under my [email protected] you for loving him too! :heart::heart:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is a beautiful story and so sad that turned out to be so wonderful in the end, you deserve so much for what you have done for Gunner.

I love Gunner just sitting in the car picture.

Thanks for sharing

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic story... love it!!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sent a little something for you guys. :) And no need to thank me. :) Hope you all are well!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a wonderful story ... it had me crying from start to finish ... love him!! :cry:

airwick1

Jul 9, 2012
Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Sent a little something for you guys. :) And no need to thank me. :) Hope you all are well!

Good Morning and thank you bulliemommi! You are the sweetest thing. :angelheart: Gunner wants to send you a thank you card. He'd like you to message him at "Gunner the Bulldog" on Face Book. I am taking him out for the first time in public this Saturday. His cousin Tucker T is going as well. So hoping Gunner sees how well behaved Tucker is and follows along.:buddies:

Members online

No members online now.