Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Rescue Story: Meet Gunner

Likes (Received)

Your story made me cry! Way to go Gunner! It takes a special kind of person to rescue an animal and I know Gunner will always love you for that.

My Jackson came from a rescue and when they found him he was a stray, roaming the streets of Houston. I don't know what all he went through, but he has been a blessing to me and my husband since day 1.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I love happy endings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

that is amazing way to go Gunner!!! And congratulations for saving his life I'm sure he's grateful I had saved my Staffordshire when we got her, her growth was stunted she had dime sized puss bubbles all over her hardly any hair she was six months old she looked like she was 8 weeks the vet said. She is now 3 and we still have issue's with her skin but other than that she is great. Way to go gunner you have a very good mommy.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

I am sitting here bawling right now. What you all did for this angel was magnificent. Do you have a paypal address for donations? I'd like to help, and maybe others too?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: Rescue Story: Meet Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo (aka Bruno) View Post
    The BEST STORY EVER!!
    Hi there..I am so happy to share Gunners Story. I have calmed down. But was a nice wreck for this past 4th of July Holiday for sure!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    What a wonderful story, so glad you saved this sweet boy!!!!
    Thank you for this forum site also. I am so glad we have a place to go to find out everything Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LynnA View Post
    Wonderful story with a happy ending - kudos to you - Gunner is one lucky boy!
    We are both lucky for sure! He found a safe and loving home. I found more than a great loyal friend in him. I found hundreds of new friends who share a love for animals and want to protect and care for them as well.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by airwick1 View Post
    Thank you for this forum site also. I am so glad we have a place to go to find out everything Bulldog!
    Kathleen you are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing with us
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    I am sitting here bawling right now. What you all did for this angel was magnificent. Do you have a paypal address for donations? I'd like to help, and maybe others too?
    That is awesome. I will set one up. Gunner still has eye damage from the sun, but the Vet said no surgery will be necessary. Just 2 different eye drops for a while will help his vision. He is a much slower Bulldog now because the Hypothalamus has changed from the heat stroke. So as a normal 4 year old would be active he is melowed out.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

He is so sweet, I wish I could give him a huuuuuge hug. May I ask, at the end of the day, what the bills were? I never seem to leave the vet after a minor concern for less than $200-$400. (And he's reasonable, and that's including office visit, nail trim, and the tons of products I always seem to need.) You guys ROCK so hard for saving this beautiful boy. Please, if it's allowed, post where we can help you with this, every little bit helps, right?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

Hi bulliemommi..You are the sweetest to want to help him too! I made an account w/ my email address..kathyhartman07@yahoo.com....I'll post more pictures soon..I want to take him to a pet expo where the Rescue Center he came from will be, to tell her(Ashlea) thank you. I'm sure Gunner can not walk in a big convention center because it is so big, even tho it's A/C. I am looking for a wagon or pet stroller to roll him in on. He acts much older & slower than most bullies due to the heat stroke I think. <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

He is so sweet, I wish I could give him a huuuuuge hug. May I ask, at the end of the day, what the bills were? I never seem to leave the vet after a minor concern for less than $200-$400. (And he's reasonable, and that's including office visit, nail trim, and the tons of products I always seem to need.) You guys ROCK so hard for saving this beautiful boy. Please, if it's allowed, post where we can help you with this, every little bit helps, right?
    He is a sweetheart! Looking in his big brown eyes get me every time. He puts his paw in your hand too, as if he needs you and wants you to help him, and it really makes me want to protect him. I melt for bulldog! I love him so much! I don't mind telling you how much it was. If any one gets in this situation in the future they will know what they are facing for sure. Three days of fluids and antibiotics, & eye drop was $1,505.55. It was at Becker animal hospital. They were VERY busy and had many animals to care for, but it's a huge facility. We really were not prepared for the amount, but no one is when you are trying to save a pets life. You are not thinking money. It was scary when his blood work was going south though. I knew that even if he didn't make it that the bill was gonna hurt! Oh, you have no idea how happy I was to get him out of there! I may be a little over protective of him, but for good reason. I take him outside often but when he gets tired or starts panting..It's right back in!
    You are so sweet for wanting to help him. I wish you could see how sweet he is! I don't know why anyone would not love him?! It boggles my mind. I did set up an account under my name..kathyhartman07@yahoo.com..Thank you for loving him too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads