Article: Nail Clipping/Dremel - What you need to know

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
yes, and I love it. Musch less streeful for my Emma than going to place of business to get it done.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i love my dremmel its so fast compared to that pedi paws crap.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
The dremmal is such a wonderful easy tool to use when doing their nails. Wilson broke part of his nail off this past weekend and out came the dremmal to round it out.

Anna (@acarabia) I use both the regular style Guillotine clipper and then follow it up with the dremmal for a nice smooth finish. Bye the time I'm done with Wilson he's nearly asleep. I have to fight him in the beginning though but I win. :)

Englishbully13

Jul 10, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
My bully is very anxious and freaks out when I do this as directed is that because he's new to it and scared or what? I think that I'm hurting his o I always stop...

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My bully is very anxious and freaks out when I do this as directed is that because he's new to it and scared or what? I think that I'm hurting his o I always stop...
All my dogs have always been the same at first. Heck they still don't really care for it but they do tolerate it. It takes a lot of time and patience to get them to settle down for it. Wilson really fought me at first and in a firm way I would just tell him "I always win" and I would let him settle down and we would try again. I never let him leave my arms and flee though. At first Wilson may have taking me about 1/2 hour to do his nails now we're done in less than 10 minutes and he's on his back now and quite relaxed by the time we're done. Just keep at it and don't give up.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
So much information in ONE artical !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

mozydaze

May 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pia and Presley
this info was great! I struggle every time I cut my bullies nails! Im going to look for a dremmal! thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.