Article: Cherry Eye - What it is and how to treat it

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello does any one know what eye drops I use for the swelling of cherry eye the Vet gave me cream and very hard t=o put in Thank You
[MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
hello does any one know what eye drops I use for the swelling of cherry eye the Vet gave me cream and very hard t=o put in Thank You

I can't remember the name. I had 2 drops. One was the "drop" form of th ointment and the other drop stung his eye.
BUT- what I did to place the ointment was to straddle him and sorta "choke hold" him- but not tight or anything, just so I could have control over his body and head. Rest one side of his head on my arm and just quickly squirt the ointment on his eyelid. Then just rub it in. But he's pretty used to me messing with his eyes, as I was always massaging the cherry back in. Ultimately nothing helped and after 2 failed tacks, we just got it removed. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pebbles60

Nov 28, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
BHruno
Thank You I"ll keep trying I know I will have surgery for him just trying to make him feel better. He is my 3rd bullie I was very lucky with the other ones never any health problems both lived till 12 years I am a litter older now but I had to have a bullie.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=19412]Wideload bully[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.