Article: Tragedy Strikes Southern California Bulldog Rescue, Please Read and Help

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - How's it going for these folks? Update? It's the saddest friggin' thing EVER. I get so pissed (not drunk, you Canadians. I mean MAD) when something horrible happens to GOOD PEOPLE. It's not fair! I mean, why couldn't Michael Vick's house burn down (with him and his kennel people in it) or that idiot creepo from Penn State? How do you sort that out in your mind anyway? There are awesome people, helping others and doing very selfless work, and it's the jacknobs out there that nothing bad ever happens to! **scream***:cursing:

Fridavito

May 18, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Frida and Vito
Hello Dear Friends
My name is Marti and I'm a volunteer with SoCal Bulldog Rescue and a very close friend of Val's whom I consider a sister. I have been at her side since the day of the fire up until a few days ago when she finally was moved into a rental home. She is doing ok, she misses her beloved pets terribly. Two of her male bulldogs survived, one by exiting thru the doggy door and the other was a miracle boy, he came flying thru a wall of flames when the fire fighter broke the window, he said its a miracle he survived in that tempture. His name is Titan and he is Val's therapy dog who she takes to work to help depressed people, he must have known his mom needed him. Her other Bully Tank is doing well, both of them are, Tank will not leave her side.

Val is known as person who gives her all in everything and truly cares about the bulldogs in our care, she even asked to please keep donating to rescue because we are still getting many dogs in and we need the funds to care for them. She has also decided to take on one foster bully who despertaly needed a foster home to care for her severe demodex, she's not as bad as Grace but pretty close. She asks that everyone continue to pray for her, mornings are hardest because that is when she woke up to her beautiful girls snoring away at her side. she also sends many thanks to all those prayers and donations, she is overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you everyone for thinking of Val and her family.
RIP
Bandit-SCBR Foster
Pokie-SCBR Foster
Harmony-SCBR Foster
Talula-SCBR Alum and her first adopted bully from SCBR
Tonka-SCBR Alum Special needs deaf boy
FiFi- her French bulldog whom she saved from a BYB and nursed back to health
HashBrown-her daughters MinPin
Simba-her daughters kitty
Baby-her daughters kitty

If I may, I will pst a pic of all the bullies on another post for some reason it will not let me attach one here.

Fridavito

May 18, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Frida and Vito
Oh I forgot to add that the fire started with a surge protecter that malfunctioned, please check your power strips and make sure they are American made, the fire fighter told her that there have many house fires because of these products that are being imported from China and they do not meet US standards. We have been recommending this company to get your power strips, they carry the best American made...
www.apc.com

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=600]Fridavito[/MENTION] thank you so much for the update on Val --- we are still all praying for her and wish her well.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yes, thank you for the update. It was so heartbreaking to hear of the tragedy, I just broke down in tears thinking of poor Val and her family and her wonderful bullies. It is so hard to understand why these things happen to such good people and animals. They are all in our thoughts.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thanks [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] i found it yesterday after much searching ty for the tag:smoochwink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.