Article: Dog Poetry: Happens All To Often

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Me neither, I read the first 2 lines and couldn't continue, but will someday. This week has been such a tearjerker so I'll pass on this one for now. :cry: Sorry, David, but thanks so much for sharing. *hugs!

L

Lucy-licious

Nope me niether just the pic was enough for me to well up :(

Where's the tissue warning [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]??

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Re: Article: Happens All To Often

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] Sorry, forgot to include the tissue warning. After adding the pic, I have a hard time reading it.:ashamed:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Re: Article: Happens All To Often

I can't even look at that picture..I posted it on facebook and the pic didn't post and I was HAPPY!!! Poor David..this is one of the saddest ever..and we r too sad here right now..but I :love: you !!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I know, it showed up on my FB the other day. I shared :cry:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh geez why did i find this page and worse yet i read the whole poem. ugg. that is so sad and whats sad about it is people do this all time. i cannot comprehend how.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so sad :cry:

Man, why did I read that, bawling right now. Too sad, and everyone is right, this does happen too often, or their just dropped off at an animal shelter, or discarded, tied up and ignored in the backyard. They're no longer cute puppies anymore, and they can't be bothered anymore. Why do people get puppies, if they aren't going to be treated like a member of the family? If you can't treat them and love them and include them as a family member, if you can't get up at 6 am to take them out, even on the weekends, if you can't give them the same unconditional love they give us, then you shouldn't get a dog. :mad:
Let's all give our babies a kiss and a tight squeeze, to show them that we love them

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So sad...makes me think about last weekend. One of my daughters friends called to ask if our bulldog was missing because she had found one. We told her ours was here, but she could bring the found over and we'd keep her until we found the owners. The dog was collared but no tags and she was an absolute sweetheart!! But she was terribly overweight, crusty and scabby face ropes and even worse ears, long nails and I suspect she had a UTI, as she tried to pee 4 or 5 times but couldn't. :( Anyway, my daughter took her picture and put it on Facebook and one of her friends immediately recognized the dogs as her neighbor's dog. The owner called, described her and her collar so we gave her our address and she showed up 15-20 minutes later. Now the dog had been gone for 3+ hours and she said they thought she was in the other room asleep. That some of the neighbor kids must have left the gate open. :( The sweet dog was happy to see her mommy, but mommy seemed only slightly pleased to see her....I couldn't help but feel sad for that sweet girl and really had to hold my tongue. I wanted to do more, but just didn't know what. I couldn't say the dog was abused or unfed or i would not have given her back, but she also wasn't given all the care that Bully's need, either. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.