Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Article: Dog Poetry: Happens All To Often

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    This is so sad
    Man, why did I read that, bawling right now. Too sad, and everyone is right, this does happen too often, or their just dropped off at an animal shelter, or discarded, tied up and ignored in the backyard. They're no longer cute puppies anymore, and they can't be bothered anymore. Why do people get puppies, if they aren't going to be treated like a member of the family? If you can't treat them and love them and include them as a family member, if you can't get up at 6 am to take them out, even on the weekends, if you can't give them the same unconditional love they give us, then you shouldn't get a dog.
    Let's all give our babies a kiss and a tight squeeze, to show them that we love them

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

So sad...makes me think about last weekend. One of my daughters friends called to ask if our bulldog was missing because she had found one. We told her ours was here, but she could bring the found over and we'd keep her until we found the owners. The dog was collared but no tags and she was an absolute sweetheart!! But she was terribly overweight, crusty and scabby face ropes and even worse ears, long nails and I suspect she had a UTI, as she tried to pee 4 or 5 times but couldn't. Anyway, my daughter took her picture and put it on Facebook and one of her friends immediately recognized the dogs as her neighbor's dog. The owner called, described her and her collar so we gave her our address and she showed up 15-20 minutes later. Now the dog had been gone for 3+ hours and she said they thought she was in the other room asleep. That some of the neighbor kids must have left the gate open. The sweet dog was happy to see her mommy, but mommy seemed only slightly pleased to see her....I couldn't help but feel sad for that sweet girl and really had to hold my tongue. I wanted to do more, but just didn't know what. I couldn't say the dog was abused or unfed or i would not have given her back, but she also wasn't given all the care that Bully's need, either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads