playing really ruff

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
My pup bully is a real bully i have a 4 year old boxer with the best temperment but my little 4 month old bulldog sammy is really ripping his face up so ive been keeping the apart for the most part now when i let them get together i use a can with $ in it and shake it when he tries to bite but i was looking for ant sugestions from anyone i dont want to keep them apart for 2 long they are both males and i want then to be buds thanks:nonono:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
puppy play is rough, :starwars:I have 2 adults and 3 pups that are 8 month old siblings. 2 females and 1 male . I let them play unless it really gets out of hand. I believe that it's best for them to let each other know when they've had enough. I usually doesn't last longer then 10-15 minutes and only about 2-3 times a day. Actually, I enjoy watching them play their canine way. It's also a bonding experience for them. At night, they all cuddle together to sleep.Zzzz

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Have your dogs just recently met each other? It may be Sammy's way of testing your boxer, figuring out who's the alpha dog in your house. My two boys can really get at each other too and used to do a lot more fighting when they were first introduced to one another. Now they play, mostly nip at one another (no more biting), and snuggle... but, they also fight when the occasion calls for it (like when one has a toy that the other one wants). When they do get into their ferocious fights i'll let them do it for a couple minutes at most and then i separate them by making them go into their crates to cool off.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian and Oliver always play ruff. They constantly grab on each other's face wrinkles, ears, and legs and try to play tug of war. I let it go on until I think Sebastian is getting too winded (can't let that happen). Sometimes I will find little spots of blood where one of their canines broke the skin, but I don't think it really bothers them too much because I never see one get especially mad at the other one. I just clean the broken skin and let it heal. They play like this probably about 2-3 times a day as well and then sleep cuddled up next to each other.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.