Chloe is being a little poop!

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
So Chloe is now almost 17 weeks. She's doing pretty well on the housetraining front, even making it through 8 hours one night in her crate! But... she hasn't yet been allowed to sleep in our bed (which is what we wind up doing eventually) and I think she's trying to "claim" it. We do let her get onto the bed sometimes and she loves it. Once last week, however, she peed in my spot. Today, she POOPED in my spot! Any thoughts? Is it because I've left for work and she's anxious about it? My husband is still home with her, so that seems odd, but I guess it's possible. Or do you think she is really trying to say "this is MY bed"??? Thank you all.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So Chloe is now almost 17 weeks. She's doing pretty well on the housetraining front, even making it through 8 hours one night in her crate! But... she hasn't yet been allowed to sleep in our bed (which is what we wind up doing eventually) and I think she's trying to "claim" it. We do let her get onto the bed sometimes and she loves it. Once last week, however, she peed in my spot. Today, she POOPED in my spot! Any thoughts? Is it because I've left for work and she's anxious about it? My husband is still home with her, so that seems odd, but I guess it's possible. Or do you think she is really trying to say "this is MY bed"??? Thank you all.

She’s claiming your side n hubby. Time to remove her from your bed. She wants to be the alpha. I personally never allowed any dogs or cats where I sleep. But that’s me. Only once when I had no choice to potty train a pup so I would know when he got up n bring him out. He was extremely hard to train. After that I gave him the boot. :D

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Not nice to have that happen to you bed, for certain, but does a 17-week-old pup claim territory like that? Could it be that she still is unsure about proper indoor behaviour? I mean, 17 weeks is just over four months.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed.... she is claiming ownership of the bed and hubby..... she needs to be shown who is alpha. Nothing in life is free traing is a great easy tool

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have learned over the years that puppies seem to regress around 5 months of age-just when you think they are potty trained.....