markquartfamily

Dec 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butch
Hello!
Our English Bulldog is almost 11yrs old. In the last 6mths, he has become very aggressive towards our 2yr old dog (Beligian Malinois). This has come to the point where he is attacking our Belgian and while our Bulldog is a solid dog, he absolutely cannot defend himself against our Beligian. I have tried bringing them together and re-socializing them together, I have tried keeping them separated, I have tried a reward system for good behavior, I have tried buying chew toys to keep him occupied and none of it is working. Our Belgian is not aggressive and only defends himself when he is attacked. Our English Bulldog has also started to growl at my kids and I, which of course concerns me greatly.
Is it common for an English Bulldog who is up there in age to become aggressive towards both humans and other dogs? Any advice would be appreciated. I’m at a loss and losing him would break our hearts.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello!
Our English Bulldog is almost 11yrs old. In the last 6mths, he has become very aggressive towards our 2yr old dog (Beligian Malinois). This has come to the point where he is attacking our Belgian and while our Bulldog is a solid dog, he absolutely cannot defend himself against our Beligian. I have tried bringing them together and re-socializing them together, I have tried keeping them separated, I have tried a reward system for good behavior, I have tried buying chew toys to keep him occupied and none of it is working. Our Belgian is not aggressive and only defends himself when he is attacked. Our English Bulldog has also started to growl at my kids and I, which of course concerns me greatly.
Is it common for an English Bulldog who is up there in age to become aggressive towards both humans and other dogs? Any advice would be appreciated. I’m at a loss and losing him would break our hearts.

Have a vet evaluation done... check thyroid levels and look for possible cause of pain. Sudden aggression is usually a sign of a potential health issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@marquartfamily I totally agree that the first thing you need to do is take Butch to your veterinarian. He needs a total check up,blood work thyroid, etc. It is not normal for the way he is acting, just because of his age. That is a signal that something is going on, that is not right, as Christine said.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.