2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The snoring comforts me and helps me sleep! Couldn't stand it though when my husband snored!

Doggy snores are completely different!

lewis and I were just taking about his, I smack, roll him or wake him when he snores, but like Lynn, the dog snore is my lullaby. When Nitschke first past I had a very hard time sleeping because Banks did not snore.... then we got Cheli and my lullaby was back.

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Well this hasn't happened since I posted. He's been sleeping on the floor next to the bed and if he does jump he will go down if I tell him. Maybe had a mood swing those two nights :) Thanks again to everyone for your guidance.

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
We had adopted Max back in January. We had played ball taking it from him and playing. Maybe a month or so has gone by and he is now obsessed with balls. When he has one in his month or close by and you go up to him he starts to growl. Also since max has his tail his butt gets cleaned every time, both myself and my husband were doing it but recently my husband canā€™t he growls at that . He has also started these head tremors like 3 months ago Any suggestions thanks Max

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
We had adopted Max back in January. We had played ball taking it from him and playing. Maybe a month or so has gone by and he is now obsessed with balls. When he has one in his month or close by and you go up to him he starts to growl. Also since max has his tail his butt gets cleaned every time, both myself and my husband were doing it but recently my husband canā€™t he growls at that . He has also started these head tremors like 3 months ago Any suggestions thanks Max

Have you had him checked by a vet recently in case this is a medical issue causing the growling since he has been fine until recently??

Did he seem in pain when cleaning the tail pocket when he growled???

My dog for example, he loves playing ball(his favourite toy!), he always wants to play fetch and have the ball in his mouth, he sometimes(rarely) he will come up to us all proud with the ball and he play growls(not aggressive or protective over the ball), but excitement growl, and play, does that sound like him??
Or is it him being protective over the ball and not wanting you to take it??

For the head tremors, couple questions;

Does he have any allergies??

Have you gave him any flea/tick or heartworm prevention treatments before the head tremors started???

Any vaccines given to him recently before the head tremors??

Any medications given to him before the head tremors started??

I have to ask these questions cause flea and tick and heartworm prevention stuff and vaccines and some medications as well as allergies can all cause the head tremors. Especially flea/tick/heartworm stuff, thatā€™s really common side effect that you deal with now for the life of the dog(head tremors).

Sometimes in dogs with allergies, during a allergy flare(my dog for example), the head tremors happen during allergy flare up.

If itā€™s no to all those questions it would be considered ā€˜idiopathic head tremorsā€™ which means there is no known cause.

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Have you had him checked by a vet recently in case this is a medical issue causing the growling since he has been fine until recently??

Did he seem in pain when cleaning the tail pocket when he growled???

My dog for example, he loves playing ball(his favourite toy!), he always wants to play fetch and have the ball in his mouth, he sometimes(rarely) he will come up to us all proud with the ball and he play growls(not aggressive or protective over the ball), but excitement growl, and play, does that sound like him??
Or is it him being protective over the ball and not wanting you to take it??

For the head tremors, couple questions;

Does he have any allergies??

Have you gave him any flea/tick or heartworm prevention treatments before the head tremors started???

Any vaccines given to him recently before the head tremors??

Any medications given to him before the head tremors started??

I have to ask these questions cause flea and tick and heartworm prevention stuff and vaccines and some medications as well as allergies can all cause the head tremors. Especially flea/tick/heartworm stuff, thatā€™s really common side effect that you deal with now for the life of the dog(head tremors).

Sometimes in dogs with allergies, during a allergy flare(my dog for example), the head tremors happen during allergy flare up.

If itā€™s no to all those questions it would be considered ā€˜idiopathic head tremorsā€™ which means there is no known cause.
Thanks for some answers as for the head tremors Max is on No medicine My mom was living with us and got sick and passed away. It started after that So maybe that has a lot to do with it and we have been doing a lot of remodeling in the house perhaps the change is doing it. Also. For the growling with the ball itā€™s weird You go up to him he has the ball in his mouth You pet his head a low growl and his tail is wagging I will ask the vet and see what he says

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for some answers as for the head tremors Max is on No medicine My mom was living with us and got sick and passed away. It started after that So maybe that has a lot to do with it and we have been doing a lot of remodeling in the house perhaps the change is doing it. Also. For the growling with the ball itā€™s weird You go up to him he has the ball in his mouth You pet his head a low growl and his tail is wagging I will ask the vet and see what he says
We have the same issue with Lambeauā€¦ he is obsessed with tennis balls. They had to go away for awhileā€¦ we recently started playing with them again and as soon as he growls we just stop playing, take the ball away place it we he can see but not get to. He gets it only when there is no growling

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
We have the same issue with Lambeauā€¦ he is obsessed with tennis balls. They had to go away for awhileā€¦ we recently started playing with them again and as soon as he growls we just stop playing, take the ball away place it we he can see but not get to. He gets it only when there is no growling
Happy to know Iā€™m not alone. Recently max has started coming to us with the ball , but still doesnā€™t want to let go of it. It seems he wants to play but at the same time holds on to the ball .

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy to know Iā€™m not alone. Recently max has started coming to us with the ball , but still doesnā€™t want to let go of it. It seems he wants to play but at the same time holds on to the ball .
Yep, Lambeau is exactly the same.. we donā€™t engage if he is aggressive, turn our back and ignore. We play when we say since he is not good with it

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online