KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hey everyone.

I am still working on potty training Brisket, but he seems not to be making any progress anymore! His biting it getting better, as is the leash training, but the potty training is still on the rocks. I have been keeping him in a small area lately because he keeps having accidents, and before he had access to the majority of the house, but we had to step back. Now, I know I should be watching him closely to catch him in the act and correct him during an accident, but I work all day from my desk, so it is hard to watch him all day while doing that and teaching my kids in school. Sometimes he has an accident that I missed, and I donā€™t correct him if I didnā€™t catch him in the act because I donā€™t know if it will help. I donā€™t want him thinking Iā€™m getting after him for something else and confuse him. Does anyone have any advice? I donā€™t want to keep him in a kennel all day either.

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Depending on how old he is, they can only hold it for so long. Generally speaking, a puppy can control their bladder one hour for every month of age. So if your puppy is two months old, they can hold it for about two hours. Try taking him out every 30 minutes. Then after every meal & everytime he drinks, & after every play session.

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Depending on how old he is, they can only hold it for so long. Generally speaking, a puppy can control their bladder one hour for every month of age. So if your puppy is two months old, they can hold it for about two hours. Try taking him out every 30 minutes. Then after every meal & everytime he drinks, & after every play session.

Yea I take him out just as you said, and he did great for a week, but now itā€™s going backwards. Iā€™m working on training him to ring a potty bell, maybe Iā€™m just missing his cues

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Heā€™s still really young so accidents are to be expected. You just have to stay consistent with a schedule and praise/give treats when he goes outside. All of my guys were potty trained around 5-6 months. Ella is 9 months and still has accidents because sheā€™s like a toddler and doesnā€™t want to stop playing to potty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the advice given.... they sometimes regress and you need to just stay consistent with the schedule and training

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
I feel the same way with Mochi with regressing but I did notice that half the time she pees in the house its when she is on her way to the door and just doesnt make it. I take her out all the time and theres also been times when she goes in the house right after we go back in and had been outside for awhile. Its definitely frustrating but just hoping it gets better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.