Help please

Stephr90

Jun 12, 2020
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. Bruno is 11 weeks old and I am finding it hard to get him to stop biting people's hands and feet any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you in advance.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
How long has Bruno been with you?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help. Bruno is 11 weeks old and I am finding it hard to get him to stop biting people's hands and feet any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you in advance.

He is being a puppy, you have to teach him the boundaries.... nothing in life is free is a great easy trading technique.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Be patient, don’t loose your cool, most of us on this forum have gone through this. Redirect with toys and be consistent, you, your family and Bruno will get through it!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hello to Bruno!
Many pups bite or at least nip. Don't be angry with him but redirect him so he plays with you and a toy instead of with your feet. Have you tried chew toys (I think Kong have some good chew toys for pups)?

I do not remember at what age, but just like with human babies, pups' teeth can itch so they need some good toy to chew on.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ella is 7 months old and still nips at feet and hands and arms and whatever else. Typical puppy behavior. As stated, redirect her biting to a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Stephr90

Stephr90

Jun 12, 2020
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi there he's been with us for 3 weeks now. He's doing brilliant sleeps all night and he's even biting less.

OP
Stephr90

Stephr90

Jun 12, 2020
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi thank you for replying he's getting there we've been distracting him with his toys and when he doesn't bite when he would normally he gets his treat it seems to be working great.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi thank you he's getting there.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Your going fine...keep at it and all will be good.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.