Bulldog obsessed with silver bowls

stitch626

May 21, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stitch
Hey there

We just adopted an English Bulldog, named Stitch. He's about one year old and previously was kept outside often (and in high heat too)

Something we were told by the shelter group we went thru was he is obsessed with metal bowels. He has this large metal bowl which he loves to toss around, play with, throw it.. like OBSESSED. If that's down he will only play with it.

When we are on walks around our neighborhood if a house has one outside with water he tries to dump the water out and take the bowl with him.

Wondering if anyone else who has gone thru this with their bulldog has any advice for a less noisy and destructive type of toy that we could substitute.. because when he doesn't have his bowl he sulks.

He has plenty of toys which we got him.... We've caught on he is drawn to bright colors (and of course shiny metal).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You could use ceramic or glass bowls instead.

When I worked at a dog daycare we had a bulldog that was obsessed with the bowls but usually let them alone until someone dropped it or made a noise then he was all in on attacking any of the bowls we had out for water. Not sure how you can break it but it seems to be something they just enjoy.

There is a video on YouTube of a bully that LOVES them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.