What to do

Jasonehutton

Dec 30, 2019
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Just adopted a male English bulldog and he is being super aggressive to my boxer female. Any word of advice how to cure this between the 2?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Just adopted a male English bulldog and he is being super aggressive to my boxer female. Any word of advice how to cure this between the 2?
He needs to know you are the alpha and this can be done a couple of ways hand feeding is one way as well as holding them down and making them look away. I did the latter and it worked with my Sheldon when he was a pup, but there a lot of ways to do this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Adoption is fantastic..but....sadly we never know the full story of that dog. They do come with some baggage. Have you asked where you adopted if there were aggression issues with other dogs, cats, children etc? Like mentioned, definitely you need to show whoā€™s alpha which is not any dogs in the house but you. How old is the EB? You basically need to check for eye contact. Starts with eye contact. Get in there before he turns on your boxer. My white face Jake came along 6 months ago. Heā€™s was 2.5yrs old. Nyala my brindle was with me since a pup sheā€™s now 4ish. She was fine at the breederā€™s when she played with him.. But at home, well that was a different story. Took about a good big month for fights to stop. I did jump into their fights numerous times. I never put my hands in there but used my foot to push them away n grab oneā€™s collar. I realize it was that stare I needed to stop before hell breaks loose. If I had to leave the house, I would definitely put Jake in the kennel locked up. But yes, you really need to get in there and raise your voice with a FIRM NO! EB are very solid. I would have my hand as a claw look n nudge on the side of their chest to whoever started with a firm NO, point my finger in their face n say NO, you donā€™t do that. After a good 1-2 months fights stopped. Also there wasnā€™t any toys laying anywhere either as Nyala is very possessive. After 2 months I would leave 30mins to one hour so they can be on their own together. No blood :) So I would definitely called the adoption place and ask them questions if you havenā€™t already. At least youā€™ll know where you stand.

OP
J

Jasonehutton

Dec 30, 2019
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Duke is 1.5 years old and my Boxer is 3 years old. i was thinking he needs to get it that im the alpha just like my boxer she gets it and she is super easy going and i dont want to ruin that with her. they said no aggression issues from what they have said. i think its food that is making him like this with my boxer that never had a food issues care less. all this is great and ill keep you guys all updated as tie goes on

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"i think its food that is making him like this with my boxer that never had a food issues care less. all this is great and ill keep you guys all updated as tie goes on"
If food is an issue, do not leave any food or treats out. Feed them either in different room, or stand between them and watch for any sign that the boy is going to be aggressive! As was stated, you must be the alpha,but there are some dogs that can never get along with others(not knowing their past). Give it a month before you give up. Be alert for signs of aggression-eyes and stance,etc.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, I had a food aggressive dog and there were never bones laying around, ever. It was asking for trouble and it could start in a nano-second. My two dogs now are not food aggressive but I still feed them in separate rooms.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, I had a food aggressive dog and there were never bones laying around, ever. It was asking for trouble and it could start in a nano-second. My two dogs now are not food aggressive but I still feed them in separate rooms.

Btw howā€™s Monty?

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Btw howā€™s Monty?
I have a ratcheeny that could give any bulldog a run for their money she is just Lucky Lelo is so low key

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a ratcheeny that could give any bulldog a run for their money she is just Lucky Lelo is so low key

Whatā€™s Ratcheeny?

My question was for [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] but I should of posted it in her thread. Sorry about that.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Whatā€™s Ratcheeny?

My question was for [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] but I should of posted it in her thread. Sorry about that.
I apologize she is part rat terrier chihuahua and weeny dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Duke is 1.5 years old and my Boxer is 3 years old. i was thinking he needs to get it that im the alpha just like my boxer she gets it and she is super easy going and i dont want to ruin that with her. they said no aggression issues from what they have said. i think its food that is making him like this with my boxer that never had a food issues care less. all this is great and ill keep you guys all updated as tie goes on

As Lynn stated... give Duke at least a month to settle in and another two-three months to become comfortable. All during that time, you have to set the limitations and rules so he know you are the boss

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online