Help Needed! Grumpy getting out of the car

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
So Tiberius takes infrequent car rides - he loves getting into the car - I hook him up with his harness attachment to the seat belts and he goes back ans forth in the back seat no problems. When I go to take him out for he car he gets grumpy as in growling and nippy. Not sure why.
He was neutered last month and this has been an issue since before that.
e1059c66673bc5e5e0ffe88c710ca0d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Guessin' he likes to ride and not happy to get out!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
^ Agree with above. Try taking him more often so its not as big a deal for him when he does go.

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
^ Agree with above. Try taking him more often so its not as big a deal for him when he does go.

Thanks Iā€™ll see if that helps [emoji23] he always tryā€™s to get into the car when we go out so maybe that would help

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Ralph is the same getting in and out, he just doesn't like me picking him up. View attachment 117863

Well I do have to pick him up to get him into the Jeep because he canā€™t his butt up into it [emoji23] he can usually jump down ok just doesnā€™t want too
Whatā€™s that seat cover that you have for the backseat?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I find it easier to take my dog in and out of car by lifting her by the loop on her harness. She's a Frenchie though, only 30 pounds.

Maude will stand and wait for me to lift her (or "assist her" to get in(all 54 lbs.!) I do hold her harness to help her down, as I don't want her jumping. She is obsessed with the car and if I can't take her,I have to hide the keys, and tell her I have to go to the Dr.-then she lets me get out the door! She is too wise!

OP
ldenne

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
Maude will stand and wait for me to lift her (or "assist her" to get in(all 54 lbs.!) I do hold her harness to help her down, as I don't want her jumping. She is obsessed with the car and if I can't take her,I have to hide the keys, and tell her I have to go to the Dr.-then she lets me get out the door! She is too wise!

[emoji23] they are too wise. I wish he were that light though [emoji23] is a strapping 80 pounds [emoji23] and dead weight when he wants to be.
I also canā€™t take my keys out until Iā€™ve left the house or else he tryā€™s to run out the door

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[emoji23] they are too wise. I wish he were that light though [emoji23] is a strapping 80 pounds [emoji23] and dead weight when he wants to be.
I also canā€™t take my keys out until Iā€™ve left the house or else he tryā€™s to run out the door

I'm getting too old to carry these dogs- I think next time I get a dog it'll be the closest thing to a bulldog- a pug.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Banks hated the car, but she also did not like being picked up... sheā€™d kind of grumble when we did.... so treats were used to lure her out.

I also bought a minivan, which they can all easily jump in and out of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.