My biggest success so far

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
In the past, my dogs have been horrible about letting you cut their toe nails or do their ears ..:so when I decided to get a new puppy I wanted to address those issues before I even began.. I watched a lot of training tutorials and learned that it was key to start introducing these habits from the beginning... SO, I brought Cinder home last Wednesday night and in the first deep sleep she had cuddled in my lap, I constantly meddled with her feet, between her toes and in her ears.. I bought an off brand dremell tool and would randomly turn it on for a half a minute or so each time she sleeps in my lap. I discovered that the sound of it touching nails is much different than when it’s just running so I had to file my own nails several times. So today, less than four days later, we successfully filed every nail and cleaned every wrinkle and got every speck out of her ears.... ALL WHILE SHE SNORED! It really was too easy so I hope this helps someone else:-))

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great job.... stay consistent and she will never care about having those routine items done to her.

Love the picture... puppy belly!! :heart:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
In the past, my dogs have been horrible about letting you cut their toe nails or do their ears ..:so when I decided to get a new puppy I wanted to address those issues before I even began.. I watched a lot of training tutorials and learned that it was key to start introducing these habits from the beginning... SO, I brought Cinder home last Wednesday night and in the first deep sleep she had cuddled in my lap, I constantly meddled with her feet, between her toes and in her ears.. I bought an off brand dremell tool and would randomly turn it on for a half a minute or so each time she sleeps in my lap. I discovered that the sound of it touching nails is much different than when it’s just running so I had to file my own nails several times. So today, less than four days later, we successfully filed every nail and cleaned every wrinkle and got every speck out of her ears.... ALL WHILE SHE SNORED! It really was too easy so I hope this helps someone else:-))

That is FANTASTIC !!! Good for you and Cinder!!! OMG I just want to rub that pudgy puppy belly!!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
What a great suggestion!! i wish I had known to do this with my girl when she was a pup.. but maybe i can start slowly.. i do find i can get a nail or two at a time when she is really tired... hahah

Beautiful baby you are Cinder!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.